Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hmm I wonder if Wednesday and Derby being the clubs most similar to us, in current stature and ambition, have both had bids on three of their best players?

I cannot believe that all this attempted poaching by other clubs hasn't had an effect on our squad. We really are being targeted as a club that may sell it's assets IMO.

Or that we have better players? Cheery up, Icy :wave:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Love that, made me laugh out loud or LOL as I like to say, that might catch on you know.

Would never catch on,besides sounds too much like Lot's of Love to me.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Or that we have better players? Cheery up, Icy :wave:
[MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] is suffering what all of us have/are or will in the coming month,i defy any Albion fan not to have a slight wobble before the season starts..or should that be transfer window closes

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
??? :lol: :lol:

who.jpg

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
One thing this has done for certain is show the NUFC Twitter contingent to be largely made of arrogant blighters.

So many on there with the mindset of "If we want them we will get them". Similar attitude to the league.

Have some humility gents. This isn't the same league you romped a few years ago. I wonder what happened to their manager from back then...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hmm I wonder if Wednesday and Derby being the clubs most similar to us, in current stature and ambition, have both had bids on three of their best players?

I cannot believe that all this attempted poaching by other clubs hasn't had an effect on our squad. We really are being targeted as a club that may sell it's assets IMO.

They've picked the wrong club then.
Our players are better than Wendy's. Derby's most valuable players are on longish contracts,to answer the other point.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't think that headline is true.

No one has been able to quote Bloom or Barber on this figure, nor has Hughton mentioned it.

I suspect journalistic comment has through chinese whispers become headline fact.

The figure quoted is way too low.

Maybe there is a £10m figure but thats not quite what the actual story says..
"Newcastle United will have to bid upwards of £10million to land Anthony Knockaert.
The Gazette understands Newcastle have inquired about the 24-year-old, who had a previous spell in England with Leicester City.
But Brighton are desperate to hold on to Knockaert, signed from Standard Liege for £2.6million in January, and manager Chris Hughton is under no pressure to sell.
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...-newcastle-target-anthony-knockaert-1-8041981

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
According to the Chronicle article this morning, it says AK is keen to join them but we're unwilling sellers! How do they know what AK wants!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
According to the Chronicle article this morning, it says AK is keen to join them but we're unwilling sellers! How do they know what AK wants!

Here's the quote

"The smart money is on Anthony Knockaert, all £10million of him, adding a touch of creativity and incision to a team that requires more if it is going to make promotion at the first time of asking as much of a procession as it was in 2009.
The winger is keen to join and that adds impetus to Newcastle’s efforts to prise him from Brighton, who are – it should be acknowledged – very unwilling sellers.
We can probably expect a follow-up bid at around the same time as Moussa Sissoko returns to training, a potentially pivotal moment in the final month of a hectic transfer window."
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ws/newcastle-united-busy-week-theyve-11684980

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
I don't think that headline is true.

No one has been able to quote Bloom or Barber on this figure, nor has Hughton mentioned it.

I suspect journalistic comment has through chinese whispers become headline fact.

The figure quoted is way too low.

Yes, agreed!

but the point of the post is that they are picturing Forestieri! With just Knockaerts legs showing!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They've picked the wrong club then.
Our players are better than Wendy's. Derby's most valuable players are on longish contracts,to answer the other point.

And there was me thinking that Dunk and Knocky were on long term contracts with us :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Here's the quote

"The smart money is on Anthony Knockaert, all £10million of him, adding a touch of creativity and incision to a team that requires more if it is going to make promotion at the first time of asking as much of a procession as it was in 2009.
The winger is keen to join and that adds impetus to Newcastle’s efforts to prise him from Brighton, who are – it should be acknowledged – very unwilling sellers.
We can probably expect a follow-up bid at around the same time as Moussa Sissoko returns to training, a potentially pivotal moment in the final month of a hectic transfer window."
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ws/newcastle-united-busy-week-theyve-11684980

Great, just great :down:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
If we can fend off this aggressive bid from one of the leagues big spenders then it will be a great statement of intent.

Greater minds than mine know this, but you don't get promoted by selling your prized assets.

Stay firm Tony!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
This is all very close to going tits up for us. Injuries are worse than we are being led to believe and players unsettled across the board. I hope TB stays firm. But I fear the worst

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And there was me thinking that Dunk and Knocky were on long term contracts with us :smile:

Cheer up Icy. Not all of this can be true. Surely ?

Selling any player for any price - bad news
Clubs bidding for any of our players even if we turn down the bid (even if they give up) - bad
Holding on to secure our targets, even if that means buying players in August - bad
Other clubs not bidding for rival clubs players - bad
Ensuring that clubs have to pay more for our players by tieing them down to long contracts - bad

:)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
15 million and I'd sell as considering they spent 22 million ish on the previous two players from the championship and knocky is defo as good as or better than those two.
The big gripe is the injuries and all this shite just before kickoff and that's why the window should shut at the end of July.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Injuries are worse than we are being led to believe and players unsettled across the board.

Blimey. Hold the nerve.

Sales. We haven't sold anyone and have turned down £15m-£20m of bids. Blimey. What other Champ club would do that in our position ?

Injuries are frustrating to say the least but they're certainly not worse than we are being led to believe. Hughton gives a daily run down of where we are in boring detail.

Players aren't unsettled across the board. Or if they are then there's no evidence of it ? Do you have any ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here