Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
They think it's all over... Just 6 shows, for a series??Evans was a tad hyper at the start, but seems to have calmed down a bit. Need him doing more car stuff, seeing as he's a petrol head.

Matt Le Blanc is brilliant - plays the dumb yank act to perfection, but clearly knows his stuff.

As for the others.. Meh- Eddie Jordan is the embarrassing uncle, at a party. The amateur entry guy shows promise, whoever he is.

ALSO- WHERE. IS SABINE?? She's the best driver, but we just get a few minutes.
attachment.php

https://mlpforums.com/blog/677/entry-18764-for-the-race-fans-driver-profile-sabine-schmitz/

Attachments

• _88212908_88212907.jpg
    _88212908_88212907.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,840
Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its been ok. I think it gradually got better after the first show, which was always going to get a proper shoeing because its not C M H.

Evans toned it down a bit. LeBlanc grew into it. I've not seen tonights yet, but I quite liked last weeks with the Rolls Royce thing, although the guy reviewing the Audi or whatever it was got RIGHT on my tits, trying far too hard. Its not as good, but its still worth a watch IMO, for some easy Sunday night viewing.

{edit}

Sabines not all that anyway. Mildly attractive, which is a jolt in this show, but in terms of what she actually brings to it, I'm not exactly asking where she is each week.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Evans is annoying, but I can put up with him.
Le Blanc is brilliant.
Chris Harris again is brilliant. Loved his YouTube channel and glad he's a part of this new Top Gear
Sabine, don't see much of really but she's been good when in the show.
Eddie is his annoying, embarassing, cringy self. Doesn't care, doesn't bother me.
Don't know his name, but he's annoying and clearly doesn't know cars. Since he did that Focus 'review' I've had to watch TG on iPlayer to skip past his parts.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've tried watching a couple of episodes and had to turn it off half way through. Evans voice is like finger nails on a chalk board, cannot stand the bloke, Leblanc is dumb and irritating, Jordan is awful in every way, and the others may as well be audience members as they're so forgettable as presenters.
I'm sure some love the new format but to me top gear is dead.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I've liked it so far despite numerous things that annoy me. It's weird, i still watch each week.

I don't find Evans very good and have no idea why he is wearing the same outfit every week. probably because he can
I love Matt le Blanc
Sabine I just find irritating, its the German accented English. Doesn't make me nationalist, I just am not a fan of the accent.
Eddie Jordan adds that little cringey bit that I think the show needs. I like him
The two other guys are relatively decent

Is it just me, or has there been a lot of seemingly non car product placement? Last week we constantly got shots of the sleeve that had 'Boss' on it, and this week a few close ups of branded trainers. Always thought the BBC went for brand neutral clothing?

All in all I would say its a 6-7/10 but that is good enough for me for Sunday/Monday (catch up) viewing

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's been alright. The "Star in a Rally-Cross Car" is frankly boring and I've never liked Evans' voice. That said, LeBlanc is clearly the star and some of the motoring sections seem pretty decent. I think they need to change the format a bit for next year, it seems a bit like a knock-off of the last lot rather than a refresh.

6/10 so far.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Excellent news. The next series should be an improvement unless they get someone equally as annoying to present it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Our very own [MENTION=1318]Comedy Steve[/MENTION] nearly got the gig once, get him in.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It definitely got better.

Weird for him to step down. Maybe the le Blanc ultimatum statement was true and they chose Le Blanc

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Just didn't need all the incessant hate and abuse that came with it I guess.

Why the Sun has hounded him over the past months is beyond me. I suppose they got bored of ripping Gordon Ramsey to shreds so they started on Chris Evans. Disgusting excuse for a paper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here