Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk signs new 5 year contract!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hopefully not a Junior Doctor contract

Maybe we're waking up to not letting key players get near to the last year of their contract, and ensuring we are able to play hard ball with any bids that come in

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will half of NSC still be wanting to sell him when he makes his first gaffe/gets sent off?

Really pleased he sees his future here/ is happy for the Albion to get top dollar if he moves on, which they will if he is sold in the next year or so.

Jimmy Grimble

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Will half of NSC still be wanting to sell him when he makes his first gaffe/gets sent off?

Really pleased he sees his future here/ is happy for the Albion to get top dollar if he moves on, which they will if he is sold in the next year or so.

Not from me. I want to watch him from Boy to Premier League, the only Brighton Player to have done that with our Club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's really not like us to do new deals when there's 4 years to run. Must be something more to this...? Lesson learnt on Stephens possibly going for free? Hopefully doesn't mean there's a buy-out clause! Would be nice if Dunk can stop getting linked elsewhere for a few years now...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Think it was very apparent from anyone who saw him in youth football and then even in his opening few first team games that he had the talent to play at this level and beyond.

There are many that you feel have the potential and when one comes good we soon remember that it was always obvious, but generally it never is.

I think he turned heads in the FA youth cup game against Everton at Withdean, it seemed to catapult him from one of a few with a chance to Gus and his staff promoting him quite quickly after that.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Good news. Now let's get Kayal signed up then knocky and lastly Stephens as not worth wasting time if his heart isn't here anymore

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Total guesswork here but here's my two pence. Maybe he had a contract that allowed him to speak to clubs once offers of a certain value were made and/or it us a nudge to other players that we are willing to pay decent money to high acheivers. Good luck to the lad there were plenty on here and amongst the wider Albion community that would've been happy to sell him to Fulham last season. He is one of the bestate young English centre half's and his best years are ahead of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here