Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did Izquierdo play last night?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Out of 23.........

'Off the top of his head'

Add Reading, Burton, Fulham, Birmingham, Brentford, Barnsley off the top of mine and probably some I've forgotten.

Unless you count only games he has either scored or assisted in that is. It is possible to have a have a good game with neither.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I have to say that Murphy's contribution this season has been disappointing to say the least.
1) Leics away. First touch. Gave the ball away in the opening minute, on the edge of their box, giving Leics a free run into our box and scoring.
2) Watford away. First touch. Gave the ball away on the edge of their box. Watford breakaway only stopped by superb recovery tackle from Izquierdo.
3) Bmuff away ( last night ). Missed one on one with keeper. Our clearest chance of the night.
Not too many brownie points there.

Don't want to lay it on thick, but you forgot missing the best chance of the game in the opener vs city (at 0-0), where any touch with his left would have probably sent it past Ederson and goalwards.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Poor Jiri indeed. Absolutely nothing went for him last night. You do wonder (certainly [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] did) if we'll ever see him in an Albion shirt again.

I did. A shame, since, at his best, he was a half decent player: aggressive, and with a decent dead ball. Regrettably, we haven't seen his best for some considerable time, we've been promoted, and we've bought/developed better players. Adieu, Jiri.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
But a wonderful striker of a football.

Seriously? Two shots were memorable last night, one which went 20 yards wide and the other where he hit it on the volley near the penalty spot and it went 10 yards sideways.

Falling over in space, fake injury when he gets tackled fairly and falling over when chesting the ball.

I wish him all the best but he's had several chances.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
But a wonderful striker of a football.

Not since his first half season here. Most of the time when he gets the ball it is the and of our advantage. The only thing he has going for him is that he can last the whole 90 mins and is never unavailable because of injury. I keep hoping he will turn it around but............

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not since his first half season here. Most of the time when he gets the ball it is the and of our advantage. The only thing he has going for him is that he can last the whole 90 mins and is never unavailable because of injury. I keep hoping he will turn it around but............

Pm sent

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seriously? Two shots were memorable last night, one which went 20 yards wide and the other where he hit it on the volley near the penalty spot and it went 10 yards sideways.

What about all the corners and free kicks? Remember when he first joined? Absolute assists MACHINE.

The guy can strike a ball VERY well. I don't get how that aspect can be doubted. That's not his problem.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I was RIGHT behind his gross at MK Dons for Hemeds header last year. As he ran towards the corner flag I was thinking WHAT is he doing?

And then he dug out a truly insane cross.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Skalak hasn't done anything of a while now, except shock the shit out of me. That performance against Barnet....dear god. HOW he is still involved after that, I have no idea.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Has anyone got a clip of when Skalak was passed the ball in acres of space down the right first half and he just fell flat on his face? [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ??

Poor Jiri was just clueless last night. He even chested the ball and fell over.

It's on Seagulls TV showing 10 minutes of last night's game.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Don't want to lay it on thick, but you forgot missing the best chance of the game in the opener vs city (at 0-0), where any touch with his left would have probably sent it past Ederson and goalwards.

I thought that was a great chance too, but it was never really mentioned on here afterwards.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
How did Sceletto (sp?) look?

Decent enough, seemed to sense danger and get in a couple of vital tackles.

Jose didn't get any service last night, dealing with high balls with his back to goal isn't his game, needs balls playing along the ground into space.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Skalak hasn't done anything of a while now, except shock the shit out of me. That performance against Barnet....dear god. HOW he is still involved after that, I have no idea.

What in the name of ****ery happened to the QPR Jiri? The Charlton away Jiri...

How can he go from looking pretty good, to Andrew Whing in the space of about 3 weeks?!? Huh, what gives?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here