Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Krul *signed* on season long loan subject to medical

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
im surprised that this is a loan deal. Thats our loan quota used up ? So the striker we get has to be on a permanent deal if signed from a league club ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Maepena must really be pissed off. I was quite happy with him as No 2.
I hope there is a definate scorer lined up, because we have used up our last Premier loan option.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Interesting comment just posted on the BBC by their guy in Newcastle:

"Out-of-favour midfielder Jack Colback won’t be joining Wolves on loan, while there has been no serious interest in goalkeeper Tim Krul."

Sky Sports New said a few minutes ago Krul is with us having his medical now.

Edit - they've now confirmed it with footage of him entering the training ground, Schelotto too.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Sky Sports New said a few minutes ago Krul is with us having his medical now.

Yes, I thought it was as good as a done deal, barring the medical, which is why I thought the comment was interesting. Perhaps shows that these so-called experts don't really know what they are talking about.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I thought it was as good as a done deal, barring the medical, which is why I thought the comment was interesting. Perhaps shows that these so-called experts don't really know what they are talking about.

BBC website

Gayle to stay, Krul to leave

Newcastle United
Matthew Raisbeck, BBC Newcastle

To the disappointment of Rafa Benitez and the Newcastle supporters, it is very unlikely that Newcastle United will make any signings before the deadline.

A loan deal for Southampton left back Matt Targett is now off.

The Magpies had been looking for a striker but have missed out on Liverpool’s Divock Origi and Lucas Perez of Arsenal.

And, because they have been unable to bring in another forward player, Dwight Gayle won’t be allowed to leave for Fulham, whose offer of £15m remains on the table.

Meanwhile, out-of-favour goalkeeper Tim Krul will join Brighton on loan for the season, and left back Achraf Lazaar will move to Serie A side Benevent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here