Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Could need a break if he drops another clanger

Just because a keeper makes a few mistakes you can't keep dropping him! Yes unfortunate he's had two in a short space of time but judge him over 6/7 games. Most outfield player will make more mistakes in a game than what a keeper makes in a season! It's just magnified as a keeper!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
For all the moaners .

Attachments

• 18767472_1459524750810642_8790925538637128901_n.jpg
    18767472_1459524750810642_8790925538637128901_n.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 402

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just because a keeper makes a few mistakes you can't keep dropping him! Yes unfortunate he's had two in a short space of time but judge him over 6/7 games. Most outfield player will make more mistakes in a game than what a keeper makes in a season! It's just magnified as a keeper!

To save him from a meltdown. Mistakes get to them so to be continually in the firing line doesn't help him

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
No transfer ever comes with guarantees. It's the nature of the beast.

But if the negative nancys really crave success so much then support and encouragement would likely pay more dividends rather than sniping and criticising.

As opposed to the Positive Percys...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
This. In the old days a decent keeper could feel the ball on his hands and use his fingers to grab hold of it. Modern day goalies might as well be wearing boxing gloves for the amount of balls they catch. Someone should suggest to Maty Ryan that he tries a game or two nor wearing gloves. Unless it is raining in which case he should find a pair of those green cotton gardening gloves that Peter Bonetti used to wear on wet days.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

As a goalkeeper, I completely disagree with you. Goalkeeping gloves are fantastic these days.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Mark Scwarzer was on Totally Football podcast this week. When asked about Ryan he said he has a massive learning curve and that he might find the premier league a struggle. He also said that Ryan struggled at Valencia (although it's a basket case club). Scwarzer highlighted Ryan's height and said that he spoke to him after the City game. He said Ryan told him he wasn't expecting the Dunk header for the 2nd. Schwarzer told him to expect the unexpected. Not a glowing reference from a fellow Aussie but he clearly needs time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mark Scwarzer was on Totally Football podcast this week. When asked about Ryan he said he has a massive learning curve and that he might find the premier league a struggle. He also said that Ryan struggled at Valencia (although it's a basket case club). Scwarzer highlighted Ryan's height and said that he spoke to him after the City game. He said Ryan told him he wasn't expecting the Dunk header for the 2nd. Schwarzer told him to expect the unexpected. Not a glowing reference from a fellow Aussie but he clearly needs time.

That is not a ringing endorsement if it's what he said rather than how you interpreted it??

BTW you also have a rather well worn looking avatar of my all time favourite musician :thumbsup:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
That is not a ringing endorsement if it's what he said rather than how you interpreted it??

BTW you also have a rather well worn looking avatar of my all time favourite musician :thumbsup:

I've paraphrased but it's pretty much exactly what he said.

Ps keep on rocking in the free world

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

On this basis, and if correct, he should never have been purchased and should be kept well clear of the first team until he either has a growth spurt or a massive confidence injection. The thing that really worries me is Casper's influence - I can never remember Casper coming off his line for anything and he seems to have started to ape him already!!!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

How many times have i banged on about his height? If we want to go back to the Championship then by all means keep picking Ryan. One day the penny might drop.
The bloke isn't a keeper FACT

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Goal keeper WTF

Let stockdale leave on a free.

Buy Maty Ryan who can't touch the bar, catch a ball and has no neck for £5.5m.

Now need to buy a third choice keeper for £4m.

This recruitment policy is amazing so far.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Let stockdale leave on a free.

Buy Maty Ryan who can't touch the bar, catch a ball and has no neck for £5.5m.

Now need to buy a third choice keeper for £4m.

This recruitment policy is amazing so far.

Were you thrown out of the pub earlier than usual :moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here