Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I have no doubt the club are doing all they think they can do but as it stands we can name a squad of 24 which includes Ince, Towel & Lua Lua. The Leicester & Watford games are both "Points" games and it feels as though we are horribly under prepared.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have no doubt the club are doing all they think they can do but as it stands we can name a squad of 24 which includes Ince, Towel & Lua Lua. The Leicester & Watford games are both "Points" games and it feels as though we are horribly under prepared.

This...

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Towell, Lua Lua & Ince will be nowhere near our PL Squad.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out why does it, we know why, and it had nothing to do with being an established PL club (that very nearly got relegated).

I mean it has everything to do with them being established. Due to their tenure in the PL they could afford to lob another million at him to ensure they got the striker they needed. Simple stuff really.

I read that this morning and was a little concerned since this is as important as the striker for me. Particularly when Bruno played there Tuesday and Naylor highlights in a tweet today how a right back played so well in midfield for man city yesterday. Are we being prepared for no midfield signing?

It'd be equal parts hilarious and depressing to think we end August with no new CM inbound while offloading Norwood, replacing him with Bruno when he's not playing RB at 37 and not following up with anyone else after our to be record signing Brazilian was found to be crocked.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This thread is silly now. None of us know anything about what has been happening so let's just stfu. There are good reasons why TB is a multimillionaire, CH a successful manager and PB earns a shed load of money. They know how to run a successful football club and none of us do. Let's trust the experts who have a financial and professional stake in the Albion doing well. They are doing the best they xan

No, no, no, no and no. A motley collection of people (me included) that have never had any kind of job in a professional football club know FAR more than that lot. They are 'ripping us off' and have 'failed'......the fact that the transfer window is still open for almost a month and the season hasn't actually started, and we've recruited more or less in line with most of our main competitors, is irrelevant.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Agree on Watford,but Leicester?! Judging by the way they finished last season,they'll be top half. I expect a drubbing there.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Agree on Watford,but Leicester?! Judging by the way they finished last season,they'll be top half. I expect a drubbing there.

My leicester supporting mates are dreading this season, saying their preseason has been nothing short of dismal and they look awful. Shakey is trying new tactics apparently.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
He's not quite said that though has he.

The quote is...
“Am I happy with what I’ve got? Yes. But, like all managers, I want better.
“We are working very hard, the same as anybody else.”

ie: he wants and expects the club to make signings. He's far too classy to make it any clearer than that in interviews or public statements.

I agree CJ but what if we get to 01/09 and we still have no new striker options?

Do you think we would lose him?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I agree CJ but what if we get to 01/09 and we still have no new striker options?

Do you think we would lose him?

Blimey. I don't know. I'm just looking forward to next Saturday. I'm
Not conjuring up all the inexplicable ways that Hughton could get sacked or leave, to pass the time I'm afraid.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They know that about all PL clubs, and parachute monied clubs, its been the reality for a while now.

A club either earns 1% on it at the bank, or invests heavily on the playing side to give the manager the tools to stay up.

Yep. That's right . TB is looking to coin it on that 1%. Poor bloke. You wonder why he bothered.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Well, it ain't good enough IMHO... that isn't 'silly', it just differs from your POV... live with it...

Are you seriously suggesting that the club management are not trying their hardest to get a squad good enough to survive in the premier league?
After all the effort and commitment to get there?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Can we please start an Albion Transfer window bingo card?
For the first few lines can I suggest "not bothered about staying in the PL" as a secondary selection may I suggest "Where has all the money gone"
Any more for any more?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can we please start an Albion Transfer window bingo card?
For the first few lines can I suggest "not bothered about staying in the PL" as a secondary selection may I suggest "Where has all the money gone"
Any more for any more?
"The Market is overheated"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here