Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Rhodes

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That's madness BG. They're only 3 points behind Reading and have a better GD. They're joint favourites with Derby (ignoring Newcastle) to beat us to a top 2 finish.

That should really apply to all teams that aren't currently in the top two.

So, apart from Newcastle, which 3 teams do you think are the biggest threat to a top 2 finish for us?

Derby, Reading, & Fulham.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if Jack Rodwell can be prised away from Sunderland.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
First post because to be fair I have never had anything worth saying but a few mates just bumped into the Boro squad at Winter Wonderland and have been told Rhodes is off to Sheff Wed and David Nugent to Preston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yipee
we have far better here already

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or Lee Cattermole. I've always liked him. IF it happens it won't be until the summer though, and even then, probably only if we get promoted, and/or Sunderland change places with us.
:rolleyes: fook me the rules of this brilliant new game couldn't be simpler.

You have to name a footballer who's initials are JR and then mention a footballer club that isn't the Albion.

It's brilliant fun for all the family...

... Or have I misread this thread.

Jay Rodriguez has played for Burnley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To use BG's logic, Fulham are 15 pts behind us and have to rely on picking up more points than us plus 6 other teams so unlikey to be automtic contenders.

I agree that Derby and Fulham are among the threats to us though. But I don't relish the idea of Shefwedlol winning more games to take points off our rivals :facepalm:

Reading and Huddersfield
That's not 3 teams.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rhodes will score goals in this division and someone will benefit from his contribution.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Derby, Leeds (good manager) and I think Norwich provided Neil goes early in the New Year which I think he will do. They have the financial clout to pull in a top notch manager.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I suppose if Forestieri and Hopper aren't firing then why not spunk another load of cash on someone else on huge wages. *shrug*

Seriously if they do take him not sure Massive will comply with FFP for what is likely to be another season of play off lottery.

Think most of us would have taken any one of those three and the buggers may well have them all.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Rhodes will score goals in this division and someone will benefit from his contribution.
Last season - league and cup
Jordan Rhodes = 6 goals from 18 games for Middlesboro = 1 goal every 3 games
Tomer Hemed = 20 goals from 49 games for Brighton = 1 goal every 2.45 games

Ergo, Hemed will score goals in this division and someone will benefit from his contribution...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suppose if Forestieri and Hopper aren't firing then why not spunk another load of cash on someone else on huge wages. *shrug*

Seriously if they do take him not sure Massive will comply with FFP for what is likely to be another season of play off lottery.

Think most of us would have taken any one of those three and the buggers may well have them all.
Don't forget Fletcher.

They are obsessed with high wage strikers. Shame they can only put 11 players on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here