Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer window arriving just in time...

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Until i know how genuinly close KLL, Rosenoir, Bong and Baldock are too recovery, and if Wilson is staying then its a tricky call.

I would like Bridcutt despite many peoples opinion, he is simply way better than anyone else we have in a holding role.
If we need another winger then trying for Marshall again makes sense, no idea how long he has left on his contract, VLP needs to be extended at a minimum.
A striker is also still on the cards.

We could still see a few move out either on loan or permenant.

We really are being crushed with long term injuries at the moment :-(

Could be very busy at the Albion with outgoings too. JFC must be close to going out for the rest of the season (MK Dongs?). If there is any truth in the Bridcutt rumour then the club must surely be looking for Ince to get some loan football. Then there's Holla who is even further away with Dick Towell on the books. VLP needs sorting/maybe replacing depending on the KLL/Rosenior prognosis. Wilson might go back as United's panic rises but Baldock might be returning. And then there's the issue of covering for injuries at left and right back. So many questions/possibilities.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Despite all the rumors,Mr Bloom has always claimed January is the worst ever time to do business !IMO there will be no permanent signings (Towell excepted ),unless we lose Wilson.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
That we will strengthen. I thought it was a very encouraging interview. Bloom knows this is the best opportunity for the club to go up for a long time and it sounded like they are really thinking about what we may need for the rest of the season. Prepare for signings.
Our Mr Bloom is very astute. We are in prime position for us to get an automatic spot...this might not pass our way again in the near future.. With all his original investment, he surely sees this time as very opportune and I can see a big spend to continue the push.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our Mr Bloom is very astute. We are in prime position for us to get an automatic spot...this might not pass our way again in the near future.. With all his original investment, he surely sees this time as very opportune and I can see a big spend to continue the push.

I think the spend will be on quality loans as opposed to permenant in January with the big spend in the summer if needed,

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
He doesnt like the January purchase route either so perhaps the lesser of 2 evils.
I suppose it depends on what's available that we want and what we can get. It's such a bloody awful cattle market in these January sales. BUT now is the time

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We have Goldson and Uwe...I think we're covered here

Not about cover, its about being ruthless and improving the team. I love Greer and Dunk, they're fantastic and give so much to the cause. But is 5 clean sheets in 21 games good enough for a top of the table side? Is giving away 9 leads out of 9 away from home good enough to go on and get automatic? Thats not to criticise anyone, this is about how we can make this team even better. Its a real tough decision, but if the 2012 Upson was available, would you slot him in alongside Greer right now?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can we afford to bring in without losing some though? We have 5 out for a relatively long time but all will be back for next season. Our football "budget" and overall losses are £10m a season. How on earth can we afford to replace 3-4 players when they're still under contract?

It's not as if it's one in and one out.

Because we are aiming for the Prem, and can't afford not to maximise our chance of getting there..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
What's going on with Kramaric at Leicester?
Cost £9m but has not made their match day squad since early on.
Don't think he is injured.
Got to be worth a loan enquiry?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
But these injured players still need paying. I think that some forget that when a player is out for long term. They still cost us £x,xxx a week in wages. It's OK saying get some replacements in but the money still has to found and when aforementioned player is back to fitness then we have the replacement costing us £x,xxx a week to play in the development squad.

It's a massive gamble financially. It hasn't worked for many teams and there's no guarantees it will work though is there?

Troubling times.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
But these injured players still need paying. I think that some forget that when a player is out for long term. They still cost us £x,xxx a week in wages. It's OK saying get some replacements in but the money still has to found and when aforementioned player is back to fitness then we have the replacement costing us £x,xxx a week to play in the development squad.

It's a massive gamble financially. It hasn't worked for many teams and there's no guarantees it will work though is there?

Troubling times.

Do we have medical insurance for any of these injuries ?, unlikely I'd have thought for most of them but a long term injury like Solly's maybe, but I've no idea really.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Troubling times.

Do we not have insurance or similar to cover those on long term injuries? No idea if true or not but always assumed clubs did

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Do we have medical insurance for any of these injuries ?, unlikely I'd have thought for most of them but a long term injury like Solly's maybe, but I've no idea really.

Do we not have insurance or similar to cover those on long term injuries? No idea if true or not but always assumed clubs did

I would imagine we have some kind of insurance, and that that type of policy does exist but I daren't even begin to imagine what the excesses and such are.

Perhaps players all have personal injury insurance?

I admit I have absolutely no idea about any of it. I'm just guessing here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here