Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Bring up Murray again is fair enough. He was AVAILABLE this summer. We would be top 6 right now if he was in our side. Instead we are looking at a relegation fight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bring up Murray again is fair enough. He was AVAILABLE this summer. We would be top 6 right now if he was in our side. Instead we are looking at a relegation fight.

I agree about we could be top 6 but on what basis do ypou say about a relegegation fight. I am 100% sure at Christmas we will be nearer possible promotion than relegation.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That may be so, however I've never mentioned Murray before, perhaps if it was a subject I'd continually dragged up then your point would be valid, but as it's the first and last time I've mentioned him on here I felt inclined to reply, albeit aggressively. Perhaps in future I should seek your approval for content.

No, actually you don't need to seek my approval before posting - that really is a nob-head suggestion. If that's the first time you personally have mentioned the return of Murray, then fair enough. It has been mentioned almost daily on here for years now, though, to the point it is just plain irritating, so nought out of ten for observation!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because we haven't scored in 5 of our 8 games? We've had very easy fixtures too.

We, the players, were getting aquainted with a new system. I believe that they now understand about it and this will show in the forthcoming weeks when we put pressure on the sides above us. As for easy fixtures, they dont exist in The Championship and we aquitted ourselves well yesterday against one of the top teams.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
UI remember going to watch Spurs v West Ham some years ago and my mate said after 60 mins " dont know what you see in that Jimmy Greaves" at the end of the game he had touched the ball about 5 times done absolutely nothing except score 3 goals.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was talking to an ex-player a couple of days ago and he said that COG can be a nightmare to play against, is strong, holds it up well and is a decent finisher. He also said COG was weak mentally and centre halves know this, and they will be in his ear from when the teams line up, because he will go into his shell. He said that nothing is off limits if it subdues the opponent, including using the race card against him.

So all we need to do is spend 10 quid on a light foundation cream for him and we'll get those 15 goals or so.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
On yesterdays performance and the way things are shaping up with the players getting used to SH system that wont remain so for long and there will be many teams below us come Chtristmas, in fact about 15 or so.

No doubt speculation will be posted on who we can bring in to replace him what price somebody will suggest Bobby Zamora?

How can you factually say we will have 15 teams lower than us by Christmas?

As Ernest has eluded to on another thread, we are struggling for goals.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We, the players, were getting aquainted with a new system. I believe that they now understand about it and this will show in the forthcoming weeks when we put pressure on the sides above us. As for easy fixtures, they dont exist in The Championship and we aquitted ourselves well yesterday against one of the top teams.

UI remember going to watch Spurs v West Ham some years ago and my mate said after 60 mins " dont know what you see in that Jimmy Greaves" at the end of the game he had touched the ball about 5 times done absolutely nothing except score 3 goals.

Which one of our current strikers are you comparing with Jimmy Greaves?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Heard the same re: shipping out O'Grady earlier this week. Toko the same.

Thank goodness we'll still have CMS to score all those goals for us .... oh. If O'Grady is only valued at £250k there wont be many clubs willing to pay more than that for CMS if he doesn't sign a contract extension before the January sales.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

In reality the SCUM would have wanted a £2.5M to £3M transfer fee due to his Premier League experience plus his wage demands would have killed any potential deal stone dead.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm fast turning into Mr.Doom & Gloom these days. The squad is a bloody shambles let's face it. Poor transfer dealings and to cap it all apparently signings that the manager didn't want in COG and Toko, if this rumour is true. All a bit farcical really.

As for those saying "get rid, he's only a League One striker anyway". What do you think CMS and Baldock are? Colunga doesn't seem any better either. Personally I'd give COG a run out and see what happens as at least he offers us something different to the other three.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
I'm fast turning into Mr.Doom & Gloom these days. The squad is a bloody shambles let's face it. Poor transfer dealings and to cap it all apparently signings that the manager didn't want in COG and Toko, if this rumour is true. All a bit farcical really.

As for those saying "get rid, he's only a League One striker anyway". What do you think CMS and Baldock are? Colunga doesn't seem any better either. Personally I'd give COG a run out and see what happens as at least he offers us something different to the other three.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here