Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the world of football, what makes you CRINGE?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mark Lawrenson trying to be funny on MOTD.

All of:
-"Your support is ****ing shit"
-"We forgot that you were here"
-"Worst support we've ever seen"
-"X is a shithole, I wanna go home".
-"We pay your benefits"
-"Wanker! Wanker! Wanker!" As sung at referees.

And it's not one that I've heard is sing particularly but I know other clubs do:

-"Shit refs, we only get shit refs".

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That baby rocking goal celebration, as well as Robbie Keane's pathetic little forward roll & gun signal when he scores.

Over excitable matchday announcers who shout things like: "LETS MAKE SOME NOOOOOIIIIIIIISE!"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where angry grown men in the crowd do that "Hold me back lads, hold me back" thing, as though the only thing stopping them from leaving a taunting opposition player in a crumpled, broken heap of pain is...er...one lady steward sat on the track in front of them.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Grown men who talk football like it's politics.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
- Those deadline day pricks who stand behind a reporter on Sky Sports News going "wwweeeaarraaeeaaaaaaaarrrrrgghbabrraraaaaararararrrrll" Twats.

- Jim White on Sky Sports News Deadline Day(TM) wearing his stupid yellow tie.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jamie Redknapp's use of the word "literally".

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Goal music

People getting really upset or excited when 'their' team scores or loses....despite having never been to Manchester, Liverpool etc

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reading is by far the worst example of this. Their announcer actually has a POEM that includes a number of lines and lasts about 15 seconds. All I can remember is it ends with "SO MAKE SOME NOISE FOR THE BOYS", but it is truly appalling throughout.

More CRINGE than the Vicarage Road, GOOOOOOOLDEN BOYYYYYYYYS one? I'm not having that!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Fans continuing to celebrate an offside goal 15 seconds after the whistle has gone and the players have stopped celebrating.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Last edited:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
The Wailll-bi-yawn chant.

Sloop John B chants.

Fans singing chants too fast ( you don't have to clap along to EVERY song you know?)

Fans behind the goal going "WAYYYY!" every time an opposition player narrowly fires over. Never used to happen, please let it die now.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Don't know if it's been done, but talk of football, association not gridiron, players being in the quarterback role ??? What, as in take the ball into their hands from a 'snap', drop into the pocket and either throw it to a team mate who catches it, or carry the ball forward, again in hand ??? It's bollocks of the highest (or lowest) order...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
When, at the semi-final stage of a competition, the two 'biggest' teams left in the competition are drawn together and the reporter (not necessarily Alan Green) states something along the lines of 'of course all the neutrals would have preferred if xxxxxx and xxxxxx had been kept apart' as if everybody who follows football believes that only those with the most money are a) deserving of winning trophies and b) of providing an entertaining football match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here