Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lampard

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Earn an absolute wedge and be worshipped Beckham-style in the MLS IF he leaves Chelsea, living in somewhere like New York or LA, or move to Brighton and play in the Championship

Sometimes I am absolutely astounded by how delusional some of our fans are

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Earn an absolute wedge and be worshipped Beckham-style in the MLS IF he leaves Chelsea, living in somewhere like New York or LA, or move to Brighton and play in the Championship

Sometimes I am absolutely astounded by how delusional some of our fans are

Well, let me indulge in some further delusions:

Although I've spent loathing him during his career, Lampard is just one we need: a midfielder who knows how to put the ball in the back of the net.
Lampard is not going to get game time at Chelsea next year.
We have a great stadium, that we fill up.
We are in the top half of the Championship, so it's entirely possible that we will make the play-offs and even get promoted next season.
We will have one of the best training grounds in the continent in a matter of weeks.
This makes B&HA an ideal stepping-stone into a coaching career for those players reaching the end of his career.
We have a coach that has an unenviable track record at coaching.
We have links with Chelsea and those around Lampard: Ince and Bridcutt have come from there, and excelled here; Upson played with Lampard for England, with both 'scoring' against Germany; Oscar and Mourinho used to work with one another at Barcelona.
Lampard wouldn't have to up-sticks to play for us; his wife's career probably means he wants to stay routed.

There are probably some other reasons too, but I'm too delusional to think of them.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'd like to think a £30 million training centre & academy may be a big factor in attracting good players coming to the end of their playing careers to the AMEX. If they have plans to go into coaching then such a fantastic facility plus the AMEX may be a huge attraction.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I don't like him personally but he is what the club needs, some more experience on the field. In my view the most stand out players over the past two seasons... Bridge and Upson. We buy or loan too many average players. I'll keep banging away at this but we waste thousands on feckin journeymen who we pay to go training so they can sit on the bench without buying a ticket on Saturday afternoon. ..... I'm leaving now for the Goal Fest :whistle:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Well, let me indulge in some further delusions:

Although I've spent loathing him during his career, Lampard is just one we need: a midfielder who knows how to put the ball in the back of the net.
Lampard is not going to get game time at Chelsea next year.
We have a great stadium, that we fill up.
We are in the top half of the Championship, so it's entirely possible that we will make the play-offs and even get promoted next season.
We will have one of the best training grounds in the continent in a matter of weeks.
This makes B&HA an ideal stepping-stone into a coaching career for those players reaching the end of his career.
We have a coach that has an unenviable track record at coaching.
We have links with Chelsea and those around Lampard: Ince and Bridcutt have come from there, and excelled here; Upson played with Lampard for England, with both 'scoring' against Germany; Oscar and Mourinho used to work with one another at Barcelona.
Lampard wouldn't have to up-sticks to play for us; his wife's career probably means he wants to stay routed.

There are probably some other reasons too, but I'm too delusional to think of them.

I'm guessing you are one of those people who thought Michael Owen was on his way as well?

Lampard is going to have offers the world over. The Premier League, the USA, Europe. He could be paid an astronomical wage to live in one of the greatest cities of the world and wind his career down. And you think he would turn all of that down to play for Brighton in the SkyBet Championship?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here