Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Three Minute Hero' - You Decide.....

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
James Virgo (Adam's older brother).

Scored the first ever golden goal with a 30 yard thunderbolt but never really saw him again...

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I almost posted his name, but he played for us loads of time so doesn't really come under this heading IMO

Worth a punt though, especially seeing as Gotsmanov, Iovan and Reinelt were on the list. All of them played quite a few times for us.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
John Ruggiero -Just 8 appearances but a vital goal against Southampton at the Dell in 1977 in a 1 - 1 draw?

A good call.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Got to be Molango for that goal against Reading or maybe a certain Colin Hawkins isn't a bad shout... Can't remember the opposition at the Withdean but pretty certain he came on as a sub and pretty much ran in a a straight line to the changing rooms, conceding a penalty and getting sent off in the process?

Wasn't it him that scored a brilliant flying header? Own goal of course.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Brian Dear. European Cup Winners Cup medal with West Ham. On loan from the Hammers late in 1966/67 season. Played 7 matches, scored 5 goals.

I also remember him taking possibly the worst penalty I have ever seen. The ball hit the roof of the North Stand.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
George O'Callaghan - talent only surpassed by ego.

And if we go that direction, there is always the later "career" of Leon Knight and the various twitter self -destructions.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Emeke ifejiagwa
David Martin
Phil stant
That welsh midfield psycho who once tackled with his head at Withdean
Stuart Tuck. Played 93 times, local lad with a very short professional career that was ended by injury due to the cortisone injections he took as Bellotti was too tight to sign a loan player so he could have an op

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
James Virgo (Adam's older brother).

Scored the first ever golden goal with a 30 yard thunderbolt but never really saw him again...

I was thinking of him too. The golden goal (was it against Fulham or am I imagining that?) alone makes him part of a pretty elite- if not unique- group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here