Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Given the current negativity we all feel following the sale of key players & the lack of strengthening in the transfer window I think bringing him back would boost the morale of all of us,whether he plays or not.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Having him back would certainly boost the morale of a few of us girlies, in a purely footballing way, of course.

:love:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A creature of magnificent splendiferousness who i'd be overjoyed to see back in the stripes. Mainly now though i hope he's found somewhere to settle and if he doesn't miss football too much and those moments that'll stick in the ohmyeffingheavens compartment of my fractured memory that he perhaps takes up training some local youngsters wherever he is to come out of himself and watch others grow into even a tenth of his likeness.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
a creature of magnificent splendiferousness who i'd be overjoyed to see back in the stripes. Mainly now though i hope he's found somewhere to settle and if he doesn't miss football too much and those moments that'll stick in the ohmyeffingheavens compartment of my fractured memory that he perhaps takes up training some local youngsters wherever he is to come out of himself and watch others grow into even a tenth of his likeness.

May I just say 'THIS' and a pint of whatever you had last:drink:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Vicente is the single best player I've ever seen play for us and I'd take him back in a heartbeat!

I wouldn't even be mad if he was shit. Because in every game he plays, you'd still be guaranteed at least one 3 second moment of magic, where he'd make the whole crowd go "WOAAAH".
Exactly. Those few moments of magic alone are worth the entrance fee. We need to get some FLAIR back in the team. Bring back Vicente.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
That montage chokes me every time I watch it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Watching those videos simply reminds me of the confidence and passion the squad had while Vicente was here... Bringing Vicente back now would do us no good, but we need a similarly exciting player to lift the fans and rest of the squad.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
i don't know about other people. Especially those who like to moan, whinge or always find fault, but me I love football.

I love the fact that it is ultimately pointless, it's all those things that non football fans say it is.....but it's also something amazing. There's lots of reasons for that, one of them is that a single person can show off their incredible talent and when doing so they make thousands of grown men act like kids who've seen snow for the first time.

Vicente did that. You can reel off stats about win percentages, call him a sicknote, it really doesn't matter.

He was an amazing football player, and when he was on the pitch he did things that we can only dream of.

If you didn't like watching him play, then I pity you.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Watching those videos . . . . . . magic
I still love that man. We'll not see the like again, not for some time. I'm on my knees for him whenever he wants.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
i don't know about other people. Especially those who like to moan, whinge or always find fault, but me I love football.

I love the fact that it is ultimately pointless, it's all those things that non football fans say it is.....but it's also something amazing. There's lots of reasons for that, one of them is that a single person can show off their incredible talent and when doing so they make thousands of grown men act like kids who've seen snow for the first time.

Vicente did that. You can reel off stats about win percentages, call him a sicknote, it really doesn't matter.

He was an amazing football player, and when he was on the pitch he did things that we can only dream of.

Well said

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh and another thing. I'd have played Vicente in both legs vs Palace, even if I knew he only had one leg. Zaha produced a couple of seconds of genius in those ties to win it all; Vicente could have done the same but Gus' mind had long since been turned.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent

Yup. That is so true. Nicely put.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here