Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Guilty/Free Speech/Grossly Offensive - World gone mad

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This video wins the argument for me.

Yep, the point about offence and comedy being subjective are spot on as is the one about context being entirely relevant.

But I guess in the context of this thread that makes, me, you, David Baddiel, Ricky Gervais and others Anti- Semitic!

Perhaps this is the answer to where the artists and comedians are is they don't want to put there head above the parapet so some halfwit can give them some daft label.

The problem with all this is that these kind of cases are exactly the kind of things that we should be using our freedom of speech to discuss and that is very difficult when people are more interested in using it to further their own agendas.

Such a shame that at a time when we have such ease of communication, when we should be discussing and listening and sharing ideas we are choosing to bunker down and defend our position (left right, red blue) and bend every situation we can find to fit our own blinkered views and call it evidence.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Does anyone know why this has taken two years to (nearly) come to a conclusion?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
PC crap.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
'When the intended recipients of propaganda refuse to positively acknowledge the message, it then becomes the moral obligation of the propagandist to further "explain" to the ignorant masses what and how to think.. The admonishment, shaming, and mocking of those a who fail to grasp the importance the message can be a valuable tool in setting misguided minds on the correct path'

Joseph Goebbels

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It was under Scottish law wasn’t it. The next time there is a vote for independence for Scotland the English should get a vote.

............ yeah yeah....... it’s the same as English law on this matter............ whatever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here