Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Leftie scores massive own goal on twitter !!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Of all the wretched hives of scum and villainy on twitter, this was the best one you could think of to share on NSC?

D

Deleted member 22389

Are we sure this isn't some sort of wide up account? If it's true, welcome to Corbyn's new left wing recruits.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
This was one of her responses:

Despite the alt right trolls, the vote is swinging. Brexit will be shown to be the biggest threat to our future. You all know it, even if you don't want to admit it. Open the borders, welcome all, say YES to friendship and freedom of movement.

I really worry about some people.

I really worry about you.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Its far from inflammatory as I think you'd like to suggest.
I'm sure you can work out her intent without me signposting it and it didn't work for reasons I suspect you can fathom.

So what you are saying is, 'the majority of people who were asked for their opinion hijacked a poll'. Democracy is far from safe if the left actually believe that is true.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was being lazy. It stands for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer Intersex Asexual Pansexual (or Polyamorous/Polygamous) Kinky.

This explains it: http://www.mtv.co.uk/pride/news/lgbtq-acronym-guide but I don't get the distinction between bisexual and pansexual. I'm also lost on why asexual, polyamorous and kinky are included with the gender terms. And what would an asexual activist be campaigning for?

Hmm...not sure after learning all that, that it's really helping make people take gender issues seriously.

Pan sexual is wanting to have sex with a frying pan.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So what you are saying is, 'the majority of people who were asked for their opinion hijacked a poll'. Democracy is far from safe if the left actually believe that is true.

You're being deliberately obtuse clearly.
Democracy has nothing to do with social media and social media will never be a democratic medium.
The views we hold and the views we express determine our social media audience. Bots aside the average twitter poster (for example) follows people whose views interest them and with whom they (tend to) widely agree. Their followers are generally similarly constituted. This means they will largely see things with which they agree, at least broadly, and will tend to have their views reinforced.

When someone with an opposing viewpoint intercedes it opens up the "argument" to others with an opposing view. It is a geometric rather than a mathematical progression. Hence the original expressed viewpoint can be rapidly swamped. Anything but democratic.
It is how Cambridge Analytics operates. It is how Russian Bots operate. It isn't democracy. It is bullying through technology.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You're being deliberately obtuse clearly.
Democracy has nothing to do with social media and social media will never be a democratic medium.
The views we hold and the views we express determine our social media audience. Bots aside the average twitter poster (for example) follows people whose views interest them and with whom they (tend to) widely agree. Their followers are generally similarly constituted. This means they will largely see things with which they agree, at least broadly, and will tend to have their views reinforced.

When someone with an opposing viewpoint intercedes it opens up the "argument" to others with an opposing view. It is a geometric rather than a mathematical progression. Hence the original expressed viewpoint can be rapidly swamped. Anything but democratic.
It is how Cambridge Analytics operates. It is how Russian Bots operate. It isn't democracy. It is bullying through technology.

Obtuse and clearly, really?

Democratic medium?

Our social media audience?

Similarly constituted?

Bots aside?

Geometric rather than mathematical progression?

Rapidly swamped?

Please, do not accuse me of not understanding each of those individual phrases, but please, shut the fxxk up! The liberal left tries to take the moral high ground by appearing to be more intellectual than their political opponents. Get back to the point in question, she asked for peoples opinions and did not get the answer she wanted, welcome to life!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You are getting your knickers in a bunch about a parody account. Hilarious. The 'real own goal' this month was Golding, and Fransen of Britain First being jailed for being halfwits.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here