Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Eagles in the Storm

Ben Kane

Good stuff if your'e into historical Rome battles..one of a series

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
51x40MiNzpL.jpg

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Just discovered the Mick Herron "Slow Horses" books - if you enjoy John Le Carré then you need to check out Mick Herron

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I just finished I AM MISSING by Tim Weaver
Thoroughly enjoyed it

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Having finished my Patrick Leigh Fermor trilogy, I've turned to something completely different and am reading Q by Luther Blissett.

It's a bit of heavyweight book - in every sense - but am learning lots about the reformation movement in Germany.

I enjoyed the first 2 Patrick Leigh Fermor books. How does the third compare?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I enjoyed the first 2 Patrick Leigh Fermor books. How does the third compare?

Haven't started it yet: I've been saving it for my Christmas treat. A few days off work, some booze and can curl up with a good book.

I'm still ploughing my way through the Luther Blissett one first.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Just finished reading "The Light Between Oceans" by M L Steadman. Fantastic but cried at the end.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
My first ever Stephen King book... I am ashamed to say

Bloody marvellous so far
Took me a long time to pick it up and start reading but, once I did, I devoured it ! Really good and back to his best. May I suggest either "The Stand" or "The Talisman" which he wrote in conjunction with Peter Straub (who is also worth checking out)

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Haven't started it yet: I've been saving it for my Christmas treat. A few days off work, some booze and can curl up with a good book.

I'm still ploughing my way through the Luther Blissett one first.

I am not expecting it to be quite at the level of the first 2 as it was only partially completed when he died and was finished by others but it will be good to complete the journey.

Just finished 'Judas' by Amos Oz. A reflection on the origins of the state of Israel with parallels being drawn with interpretations of the role of Judas Iscariot in the death of Jesus, all seen through the eyes of a young man with the hots for an older woman. Not a huge page turner but kind of drew me in. Apologies for any spoilers.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I like non-fiction, in particular Military History so the current book I am reading Tommy: The British Soldier on the Western Front 1914-1918 is proving to be superb. Not really a History of the First World War but rather the experience of those in the Trenches. Richard Holmes was a brilliant Military Historian but my goodness he could also write.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I appreciate that in the internet age people no longer read books due to reduced attention spans and the need for instant gratification, but I thought it time to dust this thread off.

Half way through The Plague Dogs by Richard 'Watership Down' Adams. An important book, if difficult to read at times if you're an animal lover.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Doing all the James Bond in order. Just started Goldfinger.

theboybilly

I like non-fiction, in particular Military History so the current book I am reading Tommy: The British Soldier on the Western Front 1914-1918 is proving to be superb. Not really a History of the First World War but rather the experience of those in the Trenches. Richard Holmes was a brilliant Military Historian but my goodness he could also write.

I can also recommend 'Riding the Retreat'. What a fabulous time those lads must've had with Richard as their guide.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm reading Look Who's Back which is about Hitler waking up in modern Germany having not snuffed it at the end of WWII and his re-emergence. Well written.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here