Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Now that's more like it Hughton......................

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

Disagree mate....Glen slow yes.....goal threat yes. New players in to take his place when he is knackered. He has always been good ...just not quick.

A player like Glenn needs the competition, that's what gets the best out of him, because he hates not playing, that's why he has had 13 moves of club in 15 years.

We really need to talk this over a Guinness or two and then we can do politics. :)

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The difference today for me was we had only Stephens as a standalone sitting midfielder. Both himself and Pröpper had their best games for weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only we played like that regularly.

Gross utterly superb.
We do play like that regularly.

A case can be made that the team played better, for an hour, v Chelsea.

One major difference is then they were playing the current champions who's star players decided to have a good day.
Whereas today they were playing a makeshift poor side who would have struggled to win a game in the championship, this afternoon.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
A player like Glenn needs the competition, that's what gets the best out of him, because he hates not playing, that's why he has had 13 moves of club in 15 years.

We really need to talk this over a Guinness or two and then we can do politics. :)
You are right mate we need to meet up. You going to the cup game?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Knokheart looked out of his depth.

Gross utterly superb.

We do play like that regularly, just not frequently.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We do play like that regularly.

A case can be made that the team played better, for an hour, v Chelsea.

One major difference is then they were playing the current champions who's star players decided to have a good day.
Whereas today they were playing a makeshift poor side who would have struggled to win a game in the championship, this afternoon.

Agreed. We played very well for long spells against Chelsea. No-one should have any complaints about our mindset in the home games this season. Defeats to Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea that’s all. Too many draws, yes, but that’s because the other Premier League teams are actually pretty tough to beat. Surprising some people don’t seem to have noticed that and think it’s all Hughton’s fault.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Knokheart looked out of his depth.
He's nothing like out of his depth, he's just out of form.
When under no pressure he crossed a ball in the 5th minute that was easily cleared - same thing last year and he'd have given a striker a chance. And so went the rest of the game. He didn't do great today not because West Ham were too good for him, simply because he's out of form. He's a confidence player. If he finds form, he can do it at this level.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Knockaert was very creative today and caused them a fair bit of bother. The final touch just wasn't there as he was trying to hard. Whenever he tries to hard he adds half a yard to his touch. Between Gross and Bong for MOTM. Good all round team performance though.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

Knockaert looked out of his depth.

Gross utterly superb.

Sadly I have to agree that Knocky definitely seems to be struggling in this league. I completely acknowledge his work rate for the team but when he has the ball there is rarely an end product. He does too much on the ball when an early cross, pass or shot is often the better option to create a scoring opportunity.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That's exactly what I've been thinking this season, trying too hard, but I'm starting to wonder. Not a silly thing to say at all, he'll hardly be unique if he doesn't cut the mustard in the first team in the PL. out of depth probably not the best choice of words, but if the mentality was better, to play to his physical strengths, maybe he'd succeed. . Currently he wouldn't make my first 11.

Disagree with Knocky, he looked like he was trying to hard, definitely not out of his depth, silly thing to say.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Need to dish this out home and away, clearly a different set of tactics used for away games.
Great result and a big step to survival.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
all about belief and this result should prove a few points to everyone on and off the pitch , we have the talent to be beating 60% of the teams in this league day in day out obviously there are half a dozen teams we should never presume to beat but the rest of them should be fair game .....all about belief.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here