Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pau Lopez - 3rd Choice Keeper

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite. Stocko couldn't save anything initially, he did okay after a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness to Stockdale I think he conceded about 12 goals and didn't get near any of them as they flew in.. Not sure he parried shots back to the opposition every game.He may not have had a great start but he wasn't responsible for most of the goals conceded.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite. Stocko couldn't save anything initially, he did okay after a bit.

Anything? A bit of an exaggeration, I think. He didn't make many mistakes, but fans who love a scapegoat pounced on them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anything? A bit of an exaggeration, I think. He didn't make many mistakes, but fans who love a scapegoat pounced on them.

Blimey [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION], do you take everything literally? [emoji2]

See [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] comment, he let about 12 in and didn't get near to any of them......

I would argue some of those he would have saved later on in his Brighton career, but by then he'd had the benefit of Ben Roberts coaching. They weren't errors as such.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In fairness to Stockdale I think he conceded about 12 goals and didn't get near any of them as they flew in.. Not sure he parried shots back to the opposition every game.He may not have had a great start but he wasn't responsible for most of the goals conceded.

He was capable of a howler now and again, like we all are. Hopefully Ryan's are now finished.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
by all accounts Palarse are very interessted in Vorm now spurs have signed Paulo Gazzaniga from Southampton

I'll be disappointed if they get him, he's a clear upgrade on Hennessy. If he's available I really hope we're making inquiries, he's a proven, solid premier league goalkeeper. And he's good with his feet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I admit I called it wrong this time last year when we shelled out millions for Duffy when all we needed (I thought) was a fourth CB as back up to Dunk, Goldson and BFG - but now, the thought of paying nearly as much (if we meet the apparent £4M asking price) for a third choice GK as we've just paid for our 1st. choice one just amazes me. If we can't use Sanchez (and Walton from January if needed) I wonder what the motivation is for youngsters in the DS to bust a gut to get in the first team.
I know the club makes the decisions, quite rightly, because they know a lot more about it than me - but it still seems odd to me. Oh well, if they can prove me as wrong as I was last year, I suppose it will be fine!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
When you put it like that....

I bow to your superior stattage

Although, to argue against myself, it's not necessarily a good review when the only managers to pick you don't last 7 months. I certainly wouldn't be giving Gary Gardner a second chance because he was unfortunate enough to play under Hyypia - the fact Hyypia liked him tells you all you need to know!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What sickening moment that was and you could see a goal coming as we backed off deeper and deeper.

You're not wrong. Won us far more points than he cost us, but didn't make it any less infuriating. As did Baldock's miss.

Sigh. Thought I'd be well over it by now.

I doubt we're going to spend anything like 4M on this keeper. Looks a decent 2nd/3rd choice if the price is right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here