Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory party annual conference Birmingham

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So Keir Starmer speaks at the Labour conference, merely mentioning that remain should be an option, and NSC Tory smuglet-in-chief [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] posts this within five minutes:

"Unity" didn't last long then... Starmer going off-piste with his 'Remain as an option" comments

Leadership bid?

One week later and Boris Johnson gets a standing ovation for not just going "off piste" but absolutely rubbishing Tory Prime Minister Theresa May's Chequers proposal, and [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] has nothing to say? Funny that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is an elephant in the room........

Would we have all the problems that this Government has and all the other governments would have if they were in power, if there were 15 to 20 million less people in the UK?

It's a Puppet.

Well, Brexit would still be set to trash the economy, only exacerbated by shrinkage of available markets and workforce, and there would be an even bigger shortage of tax-paying workers to pay for the rest (unless your plan is to cull 15million pensioners?).

So, yes, they'd still face many of the exact same problems.

(It would solve the housing shortage though).

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
So Keir Starmer speaks at the Labour conference, merely mentioning that remain should be an option, and NSC Tory smuglet-in-chief [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] posts this within five minutes:

One week later and Boris Johnson gets a standing ovation for not just going "off piste" but absolutely rubbishing Tory Prime Minister Theresa May's Chequers proposal, and [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] has nothing to say? Funny that.

Can't stand Boris Johnson and the only standing ovation he would get from me would be if he announced he was going to f---k off from politics and go and join a 'silent order' on a remote island in the middle of nowhere!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't stand Boris Johnson and the only standing ovation he would get from me would be if he announced he was going to f---k off from politics and go and join a 'silent order' on a remote island in the middle of nowhere!
Well, quite. He epitomises the front bench (or at least the influential people running that party) as far as I'm concerned - every bit as unelectable as Labour. I just get macked off with Titanic's constant smug sniping at Labour without being even handed at the equally useless and fragmented (that means NO UNITY, Titanic) Conservative party.

There are plenty of honest Tories in the back benches who deserve a lot better than this destructive moron being in front of them in the queue for top jobs.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Teacher, teacher, I said INTEMPERATE not IMPERTINENT.
Quite frankly, I expect better from you than the reply you gave to my post, but hey ho, you just display an intolerance towards any opinion that does not entirely accord with your own. Not a good recommendation for one tasked with teaching the young, I would suggest, but very typical of the strident left these days.
By the way, I said I didn't agree with all your points, but I did say I do not accept that this country is a basket case.
Teacher, read through properly, next time.
I would take issue with you re the definition of child poverty as do many in this country, but hey, you know best and that is that.
What an arrogant stance you take.
I have no idea how old you are, but I am thankful you never taught my children.

May I ask what you expected? To agree with you and say that it is indeed all just a matter of a difference of opinions? That may be the case if on the one hand we didn’t have a political party making millions of people worse off at the expense of the already wealthy. And, for my own clarification, what did you mean when say you don’t agree with my points, as I clearly misunderstood, which apparently makes my qualification as a teacher utterly useless. Is it that to say, you don’t agree with the statements I made regarding the consequences of Tories austerity? Or is it that you don’t hold the Tories accountable and it’s someone else’s fault? And perhaps you would take umbridge with the definition of poverty, seeing as IDS tried to redefine it to his liking. Whether you agree with the definition is irrelevant, just be great full you don’t have to witness it in an almost daily basis.

Yeah, be greatful because I would have taught them all about caring for their fellow man and that the leftie nonsense :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Having listened to a lot from both main parties conferences, I have rapidly come to the conclusion that with all the words of wisdom posted on the 2 threads that NSC would run the country far party than either of the main parties.

The only stumbling block is obviously getting enough votes outside of Sussex, so time for a coup

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Titanic is busy trying to find a poll that puts the Tories + 4 points up in the polls against Labour this week.... He's struggling to find one....

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
There’s a name I’d blocked out of my mind- when I was working as a benefits advisor (thankless task under this government) I would work with all the local MPs. Obviously Caroline Lucas was fantastic and then it’s a downward curve until you get to Tim Loughton right at the bottom of the pile- what an arrogant, disinterested and rude man he is and his staff aren’t much better. I’d heard about him being a “great constituency MP” before but having dealt with him in a professional capacity that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Sorry to rant- I’d just locked my burning rage for him inside a box in my brain and you’ve just unleashed the kraken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking of twunts - Aloof, and any pretence that he is concerned by the less well off is a) very well hidden and b) a lie. I've challenged him a couple of times on a couple of subjects only to be brushed off and ushered away by his gammon.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Funnily enough Caroline Lucas visited a place near my work. Rather than fantastic, she was a lot closer to arrogant, disinterested and rude. Something along the lines of 'how long do I have to stay here' and 'when can we leave?'.

One of my customers is an ex MP who told me she had many dealings with CL and was less than complimentary about her public v private face

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
I genuinely don't think any vote is wasted. As I say: think of it as a long game. Labour will put far more focus on the constituency next time, whereas previously it would have received little attention. If everyone who was inclined to vote Labour last time considered it a wasted vote and voted elsewhere or didn't bother voting at all, then that wouldn't have happened.

Nice to see things in a positive light, but personally I think the UK began going down hill faster with the lies told prior to the referendum on electoral reform almost a decade ago.
I think lots more people would vote Green if there was PR, but instead of voting for what they think is best, feel they have to vote for the least worst of two bad options. We all know Tory and Labour are entrenched in shittness, but you won't get anything else cos they don't want that system changed.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
May I ask what you expected? To agree with you and say that it is indeed all just a matter of a difference of opinions? That may be the case if on the one hand we didn’t have a political party making millions of people worse off at the expense of the already wealthy. And, for my own clarification, what did you mean when say you don’t agree with my points, as I clearly misunderstood, which apparently makes my qualification as a teacher utterly useless. Is it that to say, you don’t agree with the statements I made regarding the consequences of Tories austerity? Or is it that you don’t hold the Tories accountable and it’s someone else’s fault? And perhaps you would take umbridge with the definition of poverty, seeing as IDS tried to redefine it to his liking. Whether you agree with the definition is irrelevant, just be great full you don’t have to witness it in an almost daily basis.

Yeah, be greatful because I would have taught them all about caring for their fellow man and that the leftie nonsense :thumbsup:

Hi MR, Suggest you check through your posts in future as this one doesn't make much sense to me.
Oh,and I hope you don't teach spelling at your school!
Could do better.Anyway, we shall never agree so let us leave it at that!
Best Wishes for the future, comrade.:bigwave:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Titanic is busy trying to find a poll that puts the Tories + 4 points up in the polls against Labour this week.... He's struggling to find one....

I would have thought that if you give any merits to polls after they've been so wayward across recent elections, they'd be quite depressing reading for any Labour supporter.

Neck-and-neck-ish mid-term with an out-of-sorts Tories who are supposedly tearing both themselves and the country apart. Labour should be all but moonwalking to a majority according to the polls now, surely. Unfortunately, for so many people (raises hand), the thought of Jeremy Corbyn being elected to be British Prime Minister is abhorrent. If Labour has the wherewithal to kick him into touch, they'd have a fantastic chance of forming the next government.

As one of our own says:

I wouldn't vote for Corbyn in any further leadership election, there needs to be a leader who has authority and can actually lead. The experiment has failed at great costs to people's lives

D

Deleted member 22389

I would have thought that if you give any merits to polls after they've been so wayward across recent elections, they'd be quite depressing reading for any Labour supporter.

Neck-and-neck-ish mid-term with an out-of-sorts Tories who are supposedly tearing both themselves and the country apart. Labour should be all but moonwalking to a majority according to the polls now, surely. Unfortunately, for so many people (raises hand), the thought of Jeremy Corbyn being elected to be British Prime Minister is abhorrent. If Labour has the wherewithal to kick him into touch, they'd have a fantastic chance of forming the next government.

As one of our own says:

Doesn't matter who Labour put in, I would never vote for this party again.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I’ve been an East Worthing constituent all my life, I never thought my anti- Tory vote would ever be anything but wasted. Now, I’m beginning to hope I may have a Labour MP before I die.

I am East Worthing too and you wont get a labour MP, no chance. Go to live in Brighton for your best shot.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, Downing Street has denied Channel 4, and Channel 5 news interviews with our Prime Minister, and that nest of Leftie trots, the BBC are the only broadcaster to be granted access.

Perhaps, May, Johnson, Osbourne, and Cameron all hired ex BBC people as spin doctors because of the beebs often quoted left wing bias.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Not sure you understand poverty. Try asking your grandparents how they managed without any help from the government unlike today. My dad used to go to the coal yard in kemptown picking up the strays dropped by the trains so they could keep warm as did my mum's brothers. 12 living in a 3 bedroom house often worse in some cases with both parents working no handouts from the government, they survived. I suppose it depends on what you spend the money on these days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here