Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thumbs - do you monitor?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I've just had a look, because I didn't monitor them. I've given twice as many thumbs up out as I've received 18236, compared to 9141 received.

So are you overly generous or are you just cr@put. ......

...... I'm sure I've given you positive thumb indications on more than one occasion.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
41,126 for me. That's a lot of fat fingers and small smartphones.

I've given over 3,000 'thumbs up' but not a single 'thumbs down'.

It means that my first negative feedback to someone needs to be SPECIAL.

More than half my red thumbs occured when I came out as a vegemite lover.

Vegephobes all of you.
You'll be copping for some more now mate. Vegemite is shit.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Vegemite is better than marmite.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I consciously didn't hand out thumbs for a while as I wanted to redress the then situation of thumbs given being more than thumbs received. Having in excess of approx 400 I now feel free to dish them out again.

My Thumbs Up? Statistics

Thumbs Received

Total: 1771

Thumbs Sent

Total: 1398

I don't mean to depress you but I've analysed your thumbs up per post ratio as a percentage. Before starting this thread your thumbs up received was16.64% of your posts made. Taking into consideration the 58 thumbs down you received to the 23 posts you made during this thread, your thumbs up percentage has now gone down to 16.06 % so your overall thumbs up received has diminished by over 0.5% since starting this thread. This thread has turned into a self defeating exercise. Just saying.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I don't mean to depress you but I've analysed your thumbs up per post ratio as a percentage. Before starting this thread your thumbs up received was16.64% of your posts made. Taking into consideration the 58 thumbs down you received to the 23 posts you made during this thread, your thumbs up percentage has now gone down to 16.06 % so your overall thumbs up received has diminished by over 0.5% since starting this thread. This thread has turned into a self defeating exercise. Just saying.

There's a few posters who have an argument with me - they know who they are [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] etc. Oh well you can't please everyone and that's a true reflection of life where for some reason someone takes an irrational dislike. The forum members I've met in person haven't acted this way. That's the Internet for you little cockroaches hiding behind their keyboard rather than a shield and sword.

At the end of the day it wasn't a look at me thread but a little bit of fun during international break which despite me saying in my second post went over some people's heads.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Shit percentage anyway. Never gonna win the frikkin PRIZE innit. Ha ha!

There is a prize isn't there?

Oh.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
There's a few posters who have an argument with me - they know who they are [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] etc. Oh well you can't please everyone and that's a true reflection of life where for some reason someone takes an irrational dislike. The forum members I've met in person haven't acted this way. That's the Internet for you little cockroaches hiding behind their keyboard rather than a shield and sword.

At the end of the day it wasn't a look at me thread but a little bit of fun during international break which despite me saying in my second post went over some people's heads.

I was only getting into and embracing the spirit of your original thread. I thought you would appreciate the statistical analysis and take it in the spirit it was intended just as you expected others to take your original post. It goes both ways.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was only getting into and embracing the spirit of your original thread. I thought you would appreciate the statistical analysis and take it in the spirit it was intended just as you expected others to take your original post. It goes both ways.

I had no expectations when I made the original post. It was tongue in cheek but appreciate your statistical analysis - can you do Gantt Charts?

PS do you mean my original post? Plus as you're being judgemental I feel you're being presumptuous. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I had no expectations when I made the original post. It was tongue in cheek but appreciate your statistical analysis - can you do Gantt Charts?

No, but I'm sure [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] can help you out. He can do Pivot charts so I'm sure he'll find Gantt charts an absolute doddle.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I had no idea (or interest) that you could monitor thumbs. Hadn't even noticed the down thumbs were back, they did go away didn't they.

Had a look though and whilst I'd given out about a thousand 'ups' there is only one single solitary 'down'. I only believe in thumbs as a quick way of tipping the hat to someone who's usually made a good little joke, so not surprised, but who got that one thumbs down...

Then I read a bit more of the thread. Ah yes, I remember..

More than half my red thumbs occured when I came out as a vegemite lover.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I had no idea (or interest) that you could monitor thumbs. Hadn't even noticed the down thumbs were back, they did go away didn't they.

Had a look though and whilst I'd given out about a thousand 'ups' there is only one single solitary 'down'. I only believe in thumbs as a quick way of tipping the hat to someone who's usually made a good little joke, so not surprised, but who got that one thumbs down...

Then I read a bit more of the thread. Ah yes, I remember..

Bozza brought them back I guess temporarily.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I actually have 2,660 unread notifications, so i don't really monitor my own

I think it is good to have them there on a thread as it helps to gauge the reaction to what others have posted when reading a thread as it's an easy and simple way to show a like / dislike for a post rather than having to read through loads of posts which are just saying the same thing as the thumbs system would show

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So are you overly generous or are you just cr@put. ......

...... I'm sure I've given you positive thumb indications on more than one occasion.

I'm an encourager, so I tend to give thumbs up to positive, funny or the more rational types of posts. I don't like conflict especially when we support the same team.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I'm an encourager, so I tend to give thumbs up to positive, funny or the more rational types of posts. I don't like conflict especially when we support the same team.

Ironically I think I have just unintentionally given you a thumbs down when I meant a thumbs up. Doing it on phone and symbols too close together. And it won't let me correct it.

My most heartfelt and sincere apologies.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Ironically I think I have just unintentionally given you a thumbs down when I meant a thumbs up. Doing it on phone and symbols too close together. And it won't let me correct it.

My most heartfelt and sincere apologies.

No need to apologise, it was a thumbs up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here