Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Income (May 2018)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
When you look at this table and the way the money is divided it is actually surprisingly equitable.

The only two bits that aren't equal across all teams are the facility fees (the number of times selected for live TV) and the merit payment (based upon finishing position).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Exactly.......had to wait ages to get a couple of adult shirts when the second lot of stock came in (which sold out pretty much immediately). Can get why they wouldn’t want to over-order, but they must have woefully underordered.

It's not only the replica kit. Anything half decent in the clothing range has been out of stock for months or only small XXL sizes left. BHA are so well run in most aspects but their ordering criteria/stock availability is most definetly not 'Premier League Ready'.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The only two bits that aren't equal across all teams are the facility fees (the number of times selected for live TV) and the merit payment (based upon finishing position).

Yep - which is why the big clubs want to renegotiate the deal - they want a bigger slice of the pie; I think predominantly on the basis that the overseas income is at the level it is in total due to them playing games (who in Singapore wants to watch Watford v Brighton?). Hush my mouth, but they have a point.
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] - is that broadly correct?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The only way to stop that is to hand out the money equally and ensure the "weaker" teams get better quicker than the "strong" teams.

Marxism then. In perhaps the single most capitalist sector of a capitalist system.

I like your optimism.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even if they haven’t I suspect that they can cover the potential £1,500 fine out of the £114m Premier league payments for this year.

I'm just intrigued to know why they haven't.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yep - which is why the big clubs want to renegotiate the deal - they want a bigger slice of the pie; I think predominantly on the basis that the overseas income is at the level it is in total due to them playing games (who in Singapore wants to watch Watford v Brighton?). Hush my mouth, but they have a point.

And so they continue to press their advantage without moral compass and without promoting competition other than between themselves? Sounds familiar.

The substantial global income exists because enough money is distributed accross the division to give the other 14 clubs an, albeit slim, fighting chance of causing an upset. It keeps things interesting. Even the modern 'fan' sitting behind a TV screen eating chow mein half the world away will soon find tedium in watching chelsea stick 6 past the likes of watford's 10-man defence twice a season. When they are bored enough and numbers drop, another greed induced breakaway will occur. I don't know about you, but if the MEGA SIX are threatening to break away if they don't get a bigger slice of the global pie, then I'd sooner it happen now than after 5-10 seasons of drubbings from the conglomerate shithouses that encompass them who collectively lack an ounce of moral fibre between them.

It is absolutely shameful that one of the main justifications for pushing this rapacious change is that we should want 'our' clubs to do well in European competitions. Personally the CL bores me shitless and I couldn't give the slightest **** how they do. Turns out, one of 'our' clubs is in the final with the current income distribution so it must be working fine as it is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It is indeed, but they need 14 clubs to vote to change the rules. The big clubs are therefore threatening to leave the Premier League if they don’t get their way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here