Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is the most trouble you got in at school?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I went to Tideway mid to late 70's, Newhaven and absolutely loved it, played in all the school teams and had a wide range of disobedient friends and an older brother that was a talented sportsmen and had earned a reputation of being a bit of a tough nut, leaving me free passge through all the year groups.

Although not the person doing the deed there are a couple of incidents beyond the mindless naughtiness that stand out, firstly was a dear school friend that is sadly no longer with us, his projected likely failure of the few 'CSE's' he was due to take the following year hardly dampen his penchant for silliness, funniness and generally being daft as a brush.

One morning when our tutor was taken the register, his name was called out a few times as was normal but this time without a response, the teacher said 'has anyone seen ****', I tapped her on the shoulder and pointed outside of the class window, 'there he is miss', my mate had nicked her car keys and was doughnutting what must of been a 1970's version of a Nissan Micra around the parking lot, it's wipers matching the revs of the car, we all watched for a minute or so and then he skillfully (for a 14 year old) skidded it back to its original parking place before re-entered our classroom to rapturous applause and yet another appointment with the head of school.

The second incident is slightly more bizaare, when a more distant friend randomly approached me to confess what he had been up to during a recent half term holiday, a kind of sinister 'show and tell', this is what he said.

Him: 'mate, I have had a nightmare'.
Me: 'really what's that then'
Him: 'well my neighbours went on hoiliday last week'
Me: 'oh yeah'
Him: Well me and my brother decided to break in'
Me: 'oh, really'
Him: 'half way through we remembered we weren't wearing gloves'
Me: 'okaaaaay'
Him: 'so we went back in and burnt the house down'

I cannot recall it being covered in the press but he was quickly removed from school and sent to borstal and some time into that was sent to a posh boarding school somewhere in southern England.

What year did you start Tideway?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
about 76 ...

Same here. I was in Pierson’s tutor group in D Block. A very interesting 6 years to say the least. At times I actually studied when I wanted to, but loved the chaos in weak teachers classes and outside of class.

In the middle year in French, every time the supply teacher turned round to write stuff on the blackboard, we quietly edged desks towards the door. By the end of the lesson all desks were rammed to once side. She had a breakdown. Just one of 100’s of silly events.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Same here. I was in Pierson’s tutor group in D Block. A very interesting 6 years to say the least. At times I actually studied when I wanted to, but loved the chaos in weak teachers classes and outside of class.

In the middle year in French, every time the supply teacher turned round to write stuff on the blackboard, we quietly edged desks towards the door. By the end of the lesson all desks were rammed to once side. She had a breakdown. Just one of 100’s of silly events.

Not sure if you are a year older or younger as the tutors I recall are Mr Marsh, Mr Munday and Mr Shorthouse that had a particuarly challenging mob, but as you say great memories, school shop top of Gibbon Road, Chip Shop run near the Cop station and Morrocco Cafe if school wasnt your thing, chaos and madness in equal measure :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure if you are a year older or younger as the tutors I recall are Mr Marsh, Mr Munday and Mr Shorthouse that had a particuarly challenging mob, but as you say great memories, school shop top of Gibbon Road, Chip Shop run near the Cop station and Morrocco Cafe if school wasnt your thing, chaos and madness in equal measure :thumbsup:

I remember all those teachers.

From year 2 onwards, religiously went to the shops at lunch. Jayne’s newsagents, a Mace and an off licence. A healthy lunch of pasty or biscuits and sweets. Jayne’s then put a giant perspex screen up to stop the thieving.

In O’levels year we went to the atmospheric Riverside cafe near Moroccos, to play machines and skipped some lessons. Full of skiving kids and fisherman laid up by storms. Probably full of fag smoke.

Bungie was the nickname for the district truancy officer patrolling for skivers. I was too crafty to be caught.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

My friend’s relatives ran that chippy.....which was useful. I remember all those teachers as well.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I rushed into the changing rooms, late for a football match and needed to get a move on. In front of me was someone bending over doing their laces and because they told me to ‘WAIT’, I shoved them head first into the wire meshed lockers we had. Their head actually left a dent in them.
It was only when our sub came on during the game and informed me that I had done that to the new young sports teacher I realised I might be in the shit.
A couple of days later he tried to slipper me ( to show his authority I guess, on a trivial matter and although I,d apologised) but I grabbed the trainer and slung it on the flat roof outside the changing rooms.
I got a suspension for that but he was ruined.

Blessed Robert Southwell or Chatsmore as it changed to.

Jan 30, 2008
A few rakings, a few detentions and one gating. Numerous items of classroom and gym equipment lobbed at our heads including a discus that missed me by about an inch. Board rubbers flew about the science labs like seagulls. One lad who kept fartiing in class was ordered to stand on his chaor and get another one out by the count of ten. He fainted, knocked himself out and was sent to San.
Early morning runs for being caught ****ing about afer lights out. Evening runs after prep for ****ing about at dinner. Extra house duties for general ****ing about, chores basically. Extra drill practice on a saturday afternoon. Extra drill practice after school.
cutting up logs for the teachers fires for general ****ing about. Bell duty for messing about in dorm.
In summer instead of detention you got cricket scoring on saturday afternoons, a nightmare if they were playing away.
Cleaning everyone else's rugby boots for ****ing about in games.
Painting coal white (the trick is to rinse the dust off first) and arranging it around the parade square, for ****ing about in CCF.
You could be the best behaved lad going but at some point you'd end up with some or all of the above, so many rules you couldn't help but break them now and again.

Standard for the type of school.
mutual ************ at break time with your best mate ???
regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Need to clear your PM inbox out so I can reply to your last message.

Don't hold your breath. He hasn't replied to a pm from me sent at his request 6 months ago. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because his job was complete. Your passport number, home address, NI number and inside leg measurement are freely available on the darkweb as a batch for $50. Cheapskate.

But which leg? They may or may not be the same length.

Otherwise....bang to rights. I'll be handcuffed to a radiator in a Beirut basement by the end of the week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But which leg? They may or may not be the same length.

Otherwise....bang to rights. I'll be handcuffed to a radiator in a Beirut basement by the end of the week.

The one which you dragged into the Amex disable section last Saturday. Oddly, it was the other leg when you did your ‘not a true fan’ departure on 70 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here