Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
A small majority wanted to walk in the rain but claim it's warm and the rain will soon clear up.

How will we ever know if that small majority still fancy going coat-less now they can see the snow coming?

And what will happen to the lying b@stard that said it was sunny in the first place?! :lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Chris Grayling said last week there won't be any checks at Dover, so that's all fine for EU exports to here and also any road freight in transit through here going to The Republic of Ireland, because he obviously really knows what he's talking about, so it's just the question of what France, as well as The Republic of Ireland have to do on their border customs checks as per EU laws if we become a 3rd country on purely WTO terms.

If the French,or indeed the EU, wanted to be obstructionist then all their road transport would be backed up in the UK eventually and everything would grind to a halt.Not sure if even Barmier and Verhofstad are that stupid?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If the French,or indeed the EU, wanted to be obstructionist then all their road transport would be backed up in the UK eventually and everything would grind to a halt.Not sure if even Barmier and Verhofstad are that stupid?

The President of the Hauts-de-France Region and The Director of The Port of Calais said all that, presumably to one or both of them, at a meeting at The European Parliament last week.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Which can take 7 years to finalise. Trade deals are rarely done in a short timeframe.
Total and utter capitulation as expected from our bunch of clowns.
If you haven't done so already I suggest you watch tonight's Newsnight, Rees Smug is not a happy boy and was being consoled by his butler.
"The country has rolled over and not even had its tummy tickled"
Marvellous scenes.

Several years if you've got 29 often conflicting vested interests to thrash out. Trade deals are often concluded in a short time frame (less than two years) but the implementation does take a bit longer.

You wanted HMG to play hardball then ... threaten to walk out, cliff edges etc ? :rolleyes:

Whinge about cliff edges, whinge about a smoother transition .. entirely predictable scenes.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The President of the Hauts-de-France Region and The Director of The Port of Calais said all that, presumably to one or both of them, at a meeting at The European Parliament last week.

Barmier and Verhofstad probably want the Channel concreted over to solve the problem,money no object!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...so it's just the question of what France, as well as The Republic of Ireland have to do on their border customs checks as per EU laws if we become a 3rd country on purely WTO terms.

think through what the Irish might want to happen, and who's interest it is to make sure something works here.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
think through what the Irish might want to happen, and who's interest it is to make sure something works here.

Us, The Irish, The French - it's in everyone's interest. The Irish are already busy extending The Port of Dublin.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious though. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Muller will be more likely to see a cell(Sedition), with Ronstein and Hillary and a load of others. Usually there are 4 to 6 investigations going on into corruption, there are about 27 atm involving government corruption.

First will be the deep state where DNC and beurocrats go to jail.

Then there will be the audit of the Federal Reserve where bankers and republicans got to jail.
There are reasons both sides fear Trump.

But keep listening to fake news and the fake Russian involvement in the election, collusion etc. pffffft

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
People have reported Farage and co for fly-tipping animal carcasses into the river Thames. Amazing stuff.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Think I read or heard somewhere that the UK exports 75% of its fish. Mostly to the EU.

I suspect it has something to do with 75% of what exactly, seems a pointless exercise to have access to the market of a political bloc which then in turn imposes restrictive quotas to those fishermen which undoes any benefits of having access to that market in the first plaice.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I suspect it has something to do with 75% of what exactly, seems a pointless exercise to have access to the market of a political bloc which then in turn imposes restrictive quotas to those fishermen which undoes any benefits of having access to that market in the first plaice.

Well, I would imagine some of the restrictive quotas is to avoid over fishing, and keeping the industry sustainable. Im sure the fishing industry will boom in the future. Not really, I suspect they will still be moaning about something or other, when things do not meet their expectations. I maybe wrong, I maybe right. Who knows

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Well, I would imagine some of the restrictive quotas is to avoid over fishing, and keeping the industry sustainable. Im sure the fishing industry will boom in the future. Not really, I suspect they will still be moaning about something or other, when things do not meet their expectations. I maybe wrong, I maybe right. Who knows

Irrespective of keeping the industry sustainable, I am guessing that there is a disproportionate amount of that agreed quota on our seas going elsewhere, everything else is just a red herring.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Irrespective of keeping the industry sustainable, I am guessing that there is a disproportionate amount of that agreed quota on our seas going elsewhere, everything else is just a red herring.

As I understand it, the English fishing fleets tend towards fishing Norwegian (particularly Cod) for which Norway gets some sort of payback somewhere else, Irish and French waters, as well as UK waters, and will soon be just UK waters, and will now be under threat of tariffs for exporting the 75% of our catch to the EU. Im not seeing how that is an improvement tbh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here