Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8 managers tapped up by the Telegraph

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Manager 1

Ex-Premier League manager allegedly liked “bungs” in cash or deposited in a Swiss bank account. Pagliara said: “I can call [X] now and all it is with [X] is 'How much, Pino? And will it be the same Swiss bank account?’”

Manager 2

Ex-top flight manager has had “more backhanders than Wimbledon”. Pagliara said: “This is what I hate... the guy that used to need the money but he’s had so much now that all of a sudden he’s whiter than white.”

Manager 3

After managing several British clubs, he was allegedly fired by one for having “his fingers in the till”. Pagliara said he would get involved if “you understand that when we do deals I have to have a carrier bag with some cash”.

Manager 4

Pagliara said of this boss with Premier League experience: “We know him very, very well. We do a transfer, [X] has winked at us and said 'Yeah, I want the player. Is there a little coffee for me, Pino?’ Yeah, course there is.”

Manager 5

Ex-Premier League manager who, said Pagliara, would call him and say “here’s the number”, and give him details of a Swiss account. He said: “It was always numbered accounts.”

Manager 6

A former player who now manages, he allegedly likes extra money to secure deals because he is not on a big salary at his club. Pagliara said: “[X] takes a few [inaudible] because he’s not being paid big money.”

Manager 7

Ex-Premier League manager is another “we can put on the payroll”. If a player was transferred for £10m, “we’ll turn round to [X] and say, listen, if you take this player we’ll look after you. OK? OK, boom.”

Manager 8

Agent Dax Price said this long-serving manager would pick three trusted players and tell them he was paying them an extra £8,000 per month, on condition that they paid him £4,000 per month each.

8 is Warnock, isn't it

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Things like this, the devaluing of the cups, the money at the top compared to the poverty at the bottom, the institutionalised corruption at FIFA, parasitic agents, mercenary players and the slow demise of the the Saturday 3pm kick off really make me wonder if football is worth the bother.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Even assuming that it's not him this is VERY bad news for Brighton. Half a dozen top clubs are going to be looking for new managers. We'll do well to keep hold of CH.

I agree. Sponsors will demand those implicated are sacked. Corporate governance and all that. CH will have a free run into the Premier League.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Even assuming that it's not him this is VERY bad news for Brighton. Half a dozen top clubs are going to be looking for new managers. We'll do well to keep hold of CH.
Most of the 8 appear to not be current PL managers.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
alot of these say ex premier league managers so that says to me championship managers or lower if in a job at all. As such i am not that concerned.

Wouldnt be suprised to see Poyet, Sherwood, Pardew, Adkins, Warnock all on the list.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I agree. Sponsors will demand those implicated are sacked. Corporate governance and all that. CH will have a free run into the Premier League.

Only if they're named. If it's hushed up and no names emerge I don't see how anyone's reputation is harmed

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It would break my heart if Hughton is involved. I just can't imagine him doing anything other than above board.

It wont be CH - I am 100% sure

Chris doesn't even do any Punditry TV work when he is in a job. He only ever takes on TV work when he is not with a club, even then he doesn't even do much of that despite offers to work on TV. So rest easy folks.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Is it sensible to speculate? I'm no expert in law but banding names around seems a bit daft.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
alot of these say ex premier league managers so that says to me championship managers or lower if in a job at all. As such i am not that concerned.

Wouldnt be suprised to see Poyet, Sherwood, Pardew, Adkins, Warnock all on the list.

Ah yes, Poyet is a very good shout. Somehow I can't see Ian Holloway's name in the list. I credit him with a bit more integrity than the aforementioned.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Can we not get in to trouble by taking wild guesses without covering your own back using the words allegedly.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
2 Championship managers as well.

Pearson's suspension relevant ?

pearson.jpg

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Manager 1

Ex-Premier League manager allegedly liked “bungs” in cash or deposited in a Swiss bank account. Pagliara said: “I can call [X] now and all it is with [X] is 'How much, Pino? And will it be the same Swiss bank account?’”

Manager 2

Ex-top flight manager has had “more backhanders than Wimbledon”. Pagliara said: “This is what I hate... the guy that used to need the money but he’s had so much now that all of a sudden he’s whiter than white.”

Manager 3

After managing several British clubs, he was allegedly fired by one for having “his fingers in the till”. Pagliara said he would get involved if “you understand that when we do deals I have to have a carrier bag with some cash”.

Manager 4

Pagliara said of this boss with Premier League experience: “We know him very, very well. We do a transfer, [X] has winked at us and said 'Yeah, I want the player. Is there a little coffee for me, Pino?’ Yeah, course there is.”

Manager 5

Ex-Premier League manager who, said Pagliara, would call him and say “here’s the number”, and give him details of a Swiss account. He said: “It was always numbered accounts.”

Manager 6

A former player who now manages, he allegedly likes extra money to secure deals because he is not on a big salary at his club. Pagliara said: “[X] takes a few [inaudible] because he’s not being paid big money.”

Manager 7

Ex-Premier League manager is another “we can put on the payroll”. If a player was transferred for £10m, “we’ll turn round to [X] and say, listen, if you take this player we’ll look after you. OK? OK, boom.”

Manager 8

Agent Dax Price said this long-serving manager would pick three trusted players and tell them he was paying them an extra £8,000 per month, on condition that they paid him £4,000 per month each.

I'm Guessing: (jokingly of course)

Manager 1 - 'Arry
Manager 2 - Rodgers
Manager 3 - no idea.
Manager 4 - Pearson
Manager 5 - 'Arry?
Manager 6 - COULD BE ANYONE... Pardew???)
Manager 7 - Fergie?
Manager 8 - Warnock

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here