Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was the appropriate punishment for the Propper challenge?

What was the appropriate punishment for the Propper challenge?

• Just a foul

Votes: 51 28.2%
  • Yellow card

Votes: 97 53.6%
  • Red card

Votes: 33 18.2%

• Total voters

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
With my Brighton blinkers firmly in place tbh it's a red , i'd be frustrated if it was Hogg on Propper and no red shown , not intentional but red nonetheless .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At the time from the East Lower, I thought that Hogg would be sent off as it looked like he tackled from behind from directly behind him. .

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'm sure i'm the only person that doesn't know this but is it a 3 or 1 match ban ?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Thing for me is consistency. Propper being sent off and Ashley Young not even a foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont worry VAR will sort it out :thumbsup: How BORING it's going to be, what will we have to talk about. I think I have been well and truly swayed from VAR IN camp to VAR OUT

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It was a Red, Propper went in with studs showing, I don't doubt it was enthusiasm to get to the ball first, but in that sort of 50 / 50 type scenario, the player who gets there first (with studs showing) will always be in danger of getting sent off. The Ref only has one look at the situation....... fair play, he got it right in my opinion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How so? Studs up. Lot of players do get away with it but Davy didn’t. I’d be surprised if any appeal works because it’s not an obvious mistake by ref and doubt if officialdom will look to undermine refs on this
Agree with this. Perhaps a little unfortunate to be red carded but no complaints in truth. Sliding in, studs up - you're off if you hurt your opponent there.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It’s probably a red by the letter of the law, but I think that’s a real shame. A player being sent off should be reserved for something really bad, it completely changes the game. It should be for offences that have absolutely no place on a football pitch e.g. spitting, punching, biting or a really awful tackle intending to hurt someone.

How many other sports can you have a player made to leave the field for miss-timing something by a fraction of a second? Modern football is shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you read what you have written? Or are you just stupid?
Yep, let's only send someone off if they break someone's leg, but only if it's a serious break - bones got to be showing or it's play on!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hang him the dirty Fokker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here