Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How much is Callum Wilson worth?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
£75m? why not, van Dijk cost that much and top strikers should always command the most dosh. Exactly what Chelsea need too. Whatever they manage to negotiate they'll be very pleased I'm sure.

He's very good.

Agreed, £75m is fair enough for a top striker.

But we're talking about Callum Wilson.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Plus VVD was worth it.

Quite. The comparison is bizarre, Van Dijk is World-Class and arguably the best centre back in the Prem. Callum Wilson is a bang average striker with an OK scoring record.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
£35/40 million.
Suffered an ACL injury a while back and although all seems ok, I would want an exceedingly thorough medical report if I was the money man.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
. <- you seem to have missed this out.

he's a decent player, but thats simply ridulous for a 26 yo with a OK record at mid table.

There's no ridiculous amounts anymore tho is there? Just head-mental amounts of cash sloshing around. A so-so player aged 26 or 27 is considered a solid gold asset. Fair enough. Will just make it all the funnier if/when the telly money pulls out and the top tier of the league crumbles into dust. Bring it on! :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There's no ridiculous amounts anymore tho is there? Just head-mental amounts of cash sloshing around. A so-so player aged 26 or 27 is considered a solid gold asset. Fair enough. Will just make it all the funnier if/when the telly money pulls out and the top tier of the league crumbles into dust. Bring it on! :thumbsup:

Why would it? Feels to me like Football on TV is more popular than ever.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
£35/40 million.
Suffered an ACL injury a while back and although all seems ok, I would want an exceedingly thorough medical report if I was the money man.

Even that's being very kind given his poor injury record. I think about £25m would be a fair punt.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This smacks of when Liverpool were after Carlton Cole for around 20Million several years ago, Liverpool were offering way over the odds but the deal failed to go through. Luckily for them it didnt as the bloke was a complete donkey.

Wilson ay be a good striker for someone of Bournemouths level but he is not even close to being seen as value at 75million. I hope it goes through and is a complete failure.

Although on the plus side, if it works out for Chelsea he may well be a handy asset for England.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even that's being very kind given his poor injury record. I think about £25m would be a fair punt.

Although that said the success rate for a Premier League striker is seemingly such a low bar, he'd only need a few choice goals to make £50m seem like a bargain.

Imagine if Andone was allowed to play, what would he have to do to be a £20m striker.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They'd be better off going for someone like Edinson Cavani, who may not be as expensive but his wages would be astronomical considering he's older. He'd guarantee goals. Callum Wilson is worth about £20m but may go for £40m - there's no certainty he's the answer to their world class striker they so desperately need.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If he has a buy out clause in his contract, whatever that figure is I imagine. Hats off to plucky if they get £75 million, it can go towards the new ground.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm also confused why they don't use the underrated Giroud a bit more. He would be perfect foil for Hazard to play off IMO.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When you have the amount of dosh Chelsea have to splash Bournemouth can name their price and they hold all the cards same as we did with Stephens , he’s probably worth around 15-18 millions if they wanted to sell but if a moneybags club s set on getting him then they’re quite right in putting a soppy price tag on him , I reckon he’ll go for around £55 million and play a few times then get benched after Chelsea realise he is a 15-18 million quid plucky type player .

But what do I know .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hasn’t played for a while has he? Injured or head turned?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If they got 50/75 mill I wonder how many forwards Howe will then buy ..theyve already let DeFoe go ..mind you he hardly played any games...or should I say minutes....maybe they will invest in some defenders

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here