Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] To all Palace Fans, Please post your opinions on last night here.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Palace performance on Tuesday really reminded me of WBA when we played them here last season.

No heart, no guts, they thought they only had to turn up to win, over reliance on over rated, over paid,Premier League journey men.

I hope the end of season outcome is the same for them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hasn’t Uncle Roy said recently that they won’t be singing a striker in January? I’m sure i saw it somewhere.

If they don’t sing a very decent front man, this could be their relegation season.

Unfortunately we all know that they'll stay up. Twunts.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Really? I thought the first bit was a bit 'sour grapes-y' plus a contrived attempted to say that the ref was effectively a Brighton fan. Nothing on Wilf's fouling and general 'toys out of pram' demeanour, or actually giving credit to Brighton merely playing better than Palace, plus even accusing Murray of diving?! WTF? And, as I've said before, how ANY Palace fan has the cheek to complain about other teams getting dodgy decisions is unbelievable!

The second bit? Yeah, fair enough, but it's nothing new to us – obviously – and if anyone didn't know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse from any other set of fans, they are pretty naive. Having said that, the guy did a good job of highlighting it – even though he probably wouldn't have done (and maybe even have joined in), if his sister wasn't gay... ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

A very good read.

The homphobia bit precisely bears out some of the arguments some of us were making about the Huddersfield game. Of course WE can take it - we've heard it all before - but that doesn't make it acceptable. However, it's the affect on LGBT fans in the other end that we don't see and that is clearly palpable. The only way we are going to make the game more inclusive is for a zero tolerance approach, and that should have been even more obvious considering the Huddersfield and Palace games were during a week used to promote inclusivity.

Well done that blogger.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Really? I thought the first bit was a bit 'sour grapes-y' plus a contrived attempted to say that the ref was effectively a Brighton fan. Nothing on Wilf's fouling and general 'toys out of pram' demeanour, or actually giving credit to Brighton merely playing better than Palace, plus even accusing Murray of diving?! WTF? And, as I've said before, how ANY Palace fan has the cheek to complain about other teams getting dodgy decisions is unbelievable!

The second bit? Yeah, fair enough, but it's nothing new to us – obviously – and if anyone didn't know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse from any other set of fans, they are pretty naive. Having said that, the guy did a good job of highlighting it – even though he probably wouldn't have done (and maybe even have joined in), if his sister wasn't gay... ???

Saved me typing about the first bit. I guess our 'reporters' do the same but feck me, they are always the victims aren't they? Mr Tumble should have been carded 2 more times, one being a red for the stamp. Worse than Hemed's but the Hemed media witch hunt saw to it that he got a ban. That isn't going to happen to Uncle Woy's club is it?

Ah well. Next hoodoo to put to bed is winning at Burnley.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, and not wanting to kick palace when they are down....
Well.....
“The kitchen at Crystal Palace's training ground was given a zero food hygiene rating after inspectors found it had been infested with mice for several months. (Kent Live)”

Explains a lot.....

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, and not wanting to kick palace when they are down....
Well.....
“The kitchen at Crystal Palace's training ground was given a zero food hygiene rating after inspectors found it had been infested with mice for several months. (Kent Live)”

Explains a lot.....

Apparently is much much better than last season though...

From BBC website:

15:40
Palace's mouse problem

Crystal Palace made some unwanted headlines earlier this week when it was revealed that the kitchen at the club’s training ground was given a zero food hygiene rating because inspectors found it had been infested with mice for several months.

Palace boss Roy Hodgson was asked about the incident, which saw the kitchen temporarily shut down. He said: "It didn't cause us any disruption, it was a one-day event.

"We got food in from the outside. The kitchen was spot on the next day. It is one of those things that can happen.

"We've spent a lot of money revamping the kitchen and the facilities are very good so it was a surprise to everyone, but there was no disruption. Now it is an awful lot better than it was the season before."

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Still no Dougie?

Still no postcode boy?

Maybe we should have a sweep on when the gobby twunts will have the bottle to return.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The homphobia bit precisely bears out some of the arguments some of us were making about the Huddersfield game. Of course WE can take it - we've heard it all before - but that doesn't make it acceptable. However, it's the affect on LGBT fans in the other end that we don't see and that is clearly palpable. The only way we are going to make the game more inclusive is for a zero tolerance approach, and that should have been even more obvious considering the Huddersfield and Palace games were during a week used to promote inclusivity.
Indeed, that's exactly what I've been saying for years. Yes I can take it - not because I've heard it all before, but because I'm not gay. I've heard homophobic abuse aimed in our direction for decades, and not once have I personally felt like a victim - why would I? Despite where the abuse is aimed, it's offensive to gay people, not Brighton fans.

Here's a bit of his post:
It’s not the match itself, it is the absolute state of a (to be fair, shrinking) number of our fans who in 2018 still want to yell homophobic abuse at the Brighton fans. It makes watching the game, with my lesbian sister standing next to me, almost unbearable.

My sister is unable to, and shouldn’t have to, hold her tongue. She introduces herself to the person behind us in the first ten seconds of the match to the first person to throw homophobic abuse. “Hi, gay Palace fan here” she politely says with a big smile. “You’re alright” is his awkward and baffling response.
That last bit reminds me of the racist idiots in the Sussex village where I grew up, who (in between embarrassing racists jokes and jibes) would say of the only black guy in the village 'oh no, you're alright' :facepalm:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A very good read.

Well done that blogger.

I do think if the blogger/ reporter feels strongly enough to make half his match report about homophobic abuse, he should report the bloke whose name he knows to his football club.
After all, this is the only way to stamp it out,and he needs to make a stand if only for his sisters sake.

AJ's magic

Oct 21, 2018
Some interesting points - and fair play for coming on here (shame we can't post on your main board, how pathetic is that...) you are right we handled it better and got the early breaks (although the non-corner could easily have been given as a penalty - I think it would have been if we hadn't already had one.)

What do you mean by depleted - Benteke obviously - who else was missing (don't say Connor Wickham, he's an average Championship player)

You clearly contradict yourself by stating you "genuinely don't believe your squad is better than ours" yet then continue "Ultimately after six years in the top flight all we have to show for it is a very good starting XI without much substance behind it, (training ground, stadium, squad depth)" and "highlighted by you lot bringing on Andone and us the useless lump Sorloth."

Your 1-11 is a solid mid table side with some good players, and one exceptional one. You won't go down, not even close, there are several sides who are far worse, but after 6 years in the PL if I was a Palace fan I would be very worried about what is going on at SP .

Wages being paid out to players who are simply not PL standard and can't get near the squad, let alone the starting 11
Plans for the new stand seem to have stalled (£100 million for one stand - identical to our West Stand - really?)
The AW stand is a disgrace and must be close to being condemned.
The UA seem to be deciding who sits where at SP. STH who sit in Block E being turfed out of their seats to other parts of the ground - often not even being able to sit together. (Will the UA be telling Parish who to sign in January?)
No money to buy a much needed striker in January.
The Yanks want a return - maybe sell Zaha - how much would be reinvested, and on who?

Worrying times, but then I really don't think Parish gives a s**t - oh how Palace must long for a chairman like Bloom.

Some fair points here.

In regards to the way our club is run, I completely agree with you, I think it's a shambles. The amount of wasted money on players who have not improved the team and the extortionately high wage bills that are being paid has understandably resulted in less money being made available this season.

I do feel however that improving all of these factors and implementing a long term plan for a club is difficult in the premier league. The financial need to stay up trumps all else. If you take you lot as an example, the whole club was 'premier league ready' for a number of years before you finally gained promotion and the long term plan of the club to stay up and continue to grow naturally became more realistic.

I think that when CPFC 2010 took over they were intending to implement a similar long term vision but were halted by a very unexpected promotion campaign in 12/13 in which we were amongst favourites to go down at the start of the season. The then need to throw whatever money it took to stay up began taking precedent.

To be fair though, we have stayed up for 6 straight seasons so something must be working. In terms of Selhurst, improving the ground is difficult in the premier league where attendances are paramount so naturally the route we have gone down is one that takes significantly longer but allows all stands to open throughout the seasons that will be effected.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Still no Dougie? Still no postcode boy?

Well now that [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] has been outed as a male when it pretended to be a female, doubt he will be back. How utterly pathetic is that.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Some fair points here.

In regards to the way our club is run, I completely agree with you, I think it's a shambles. The amount of wasted money on players who have not improved the team and the extortionately high wage bills that are being paid has understandably resulted in less money being made available this season.

I do feel however that improving all of these factors and implementing a long term plan for a club is difficult in the premier league. The financial need to stay up trumps all else. If you take you lot as an example, the whole club was 'premier league ready' for a number of years before you finally gained promotion and the long term plan of the club to stay up and continue to grow naturally became more realistic.

I think that when CPFC 2010 took over they were intending to implement a similar long term vision but were halted by a very unexpected promotion campaign in 12/13 in which we were amongst favourites to go down at the start of the season. The then need to throw whatever money it took to stay up began taking precedent.

To be fair though, we have stayed up for 6 straight seasons so something must be working. In terms of Selhurst, improving the ground is difficult in the premier league where attendances are paramount so naturally the route we have gone down is one that takes significantly longer but allows all stands to open throughout the seasons that will be effected.

You make some interesting and very valid points.

That Play-off defeat in 12/13 did indeed hurt for a long time With hindsight though, it did us a huge favour. We weren't 'Premier League ready' at that time......and neither were your 'lot'. Following that 12/13 season we enjoyed 3 out 4 seasons of exciting football, plenty of wins, a strong home record and a continuation of building a solid fanbase for our club. Our Academy has grown and the whole experience of the club from top to bottom has gone from strength to to strength.

Your 'lot' ( your word not mine) has been a shambolic effort since the day you won promotion in 12/13. Your home record ( which let's face it , is what most of us enjoy about our football clubs) has been absolutely abysmal. Your 'lots' off field antics from your Chairman has been an embarrassment and affront to all decent football supporters up and down the land.

Do you really deserve this horrible last five years ( soon to be six)...?

Yes...you do. You cheated the system , you cheated the taxman....your Ex-Chairman even cheated the St Johns Ambulance.

Shameful.

Kudos for you coming on here......a pity that a few of the utter keyboard-morons ( Dougie in particular) don't have your sense of decency.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Well now that [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] has been outed as a male when it pretended to be a female, doubt he will be back. How utterly pathetic is that.

Maybe, in reality, he self-identifies as Trans and his bi-identity on this forum is merely the manifestation of this development....cock in a frock anyone?!!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
To be fair though, we have stayed up for 6 straight seasons so something must be working.

The ONLY thing that is working is, there have been 15 shocking teams over the 5 years you have been in the Premier league, all they have done is allowed your "lot" to have visions of grandeur in the same period, thinking you are better than you actually are, they have helped you wallpaper over the cracks. Sooner rather than later, the wheels will come off, and you will go down, and I honestly hope you end up in non league football. Your club is a total disgrace, and an embarrassment to football.

You make some interesting and very valid points.

That Play-off defeat in 12/13 did indeed hurt for a long time With hindsight though, it did us a huge favour. We weren't 'Premier League ready' at that time......and neither were your 'lot'. Following that 12/13 season we enjoyed 3 out 4 seasons of exciting football, plenty of wins, a strong home record and a continuation of building a solid fanbase for our club. Our Academy has grown and the whole experience of the club from top to bottom has gone from strength to to strength.

Your 'lot' ( your word not mine) has been a shambolic effort since the day you won promotion in 12/13. Your home record ( which let's face it , is what most of us enjoy about our football clubs) has been absolutely abysmal. Your 'lots' off field antics from your Chairman has been an embarrassment and affront to all decent football supporters up and down the land.

Do you really deserve this horrible last five years ( soon to be six)...?

Yes...you do. You cheated the system , you cheated the taxman....your Ex-Chairman even cheated the St Johns Ambulance.

Shameful.

Kudos for you coming on here......a pity that a few of the utter keyboard-morons ( Dougie in particular) don't have your sense of decency.

Top post sir.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A very good read.

Well done that blogger.

A Leicester fan was arrested last season, after our game there, but it was reported by another Leicester fan.

Trotty

Feb 22, 2012
Don't want to rub it in anymore (yes I do) but our 2nd goal was scored when we only had 9 men on the pitch, Murray was off injured.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here