Baldock - 6
Hemed - 7

Wilson - 5
Bong - 5
Sidwell - 5

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale 6 - one regulation save, distribution not as good as his normal high standard
Bruno 7.5 - commanding performance again - the standing ovation when he came off was special
Rosenior 7- another strong performance from our most adaptable player
Goldson 8 - fouled for their equaliser - managed Gray manfully, great player
Dunk 7.5 - some fine moments from him, he is maturing nicely
Kayal 9 - colossal totally bossed the game - Barton..... Well you all know the rest
Stephens 7 - decent performance, out shone by the king.
Murphy 7.5 - I like him a lot, shame about the pass to Wilson, should have wrapped up the points
Knockaert 8 - lovely skills and passion. Some goal!

Hemed 7.5 - can't believe he would get any negative comments thought he had a great game. Nice interaction with the crowd to get us going again
Baldock 7.5 - we missed him when he came off, caused there defence lots of problems. Great shot which I thought was going in, decent save.

Wilson 4 - added nothing, very disappointing
Bong 5 - not up to speed yet, good to see him.back on the field though
Sidwell- 5 - hmmmm not really doing the job that is being asked of him... Would rather have kept Crofts

Crowd - 9 - great atmosphere- good noise all game , well nearly all game

Agree how I saw it.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 7
Goldson - 8
Dunk - 6
Rosenior - 7
Knockaert - 7.5
Kayal - 9
Stephens - 6.5
Murphy - 6.5
Baldock - 7
Hemed - 7.5

Wilson - 5.5
Bong - 5
Sidwell - 4

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockers - 7
Bruno - 7.5
Goldson - 7.5
Dunk - 6 - good at the Terry Butcher stuff but needs to keep calm
Rosenior - 7
Stephens - 7.5
Kayal - 9 - Mom - just superb
Knockaert - 8 - love his attitude, great goal
Murphy - 6.5
Hemed - 6.5
Baldock - 6

Wilson - 4 - frankly could've done with a slap more than once today. His attitude stinks at times
Sidwell - 4 - no idea what's the matter - & nowhere near as good as Crofts right now
Bong - 5.5 - not sharp yet , is he?

C.H - 6 - sitting back, protecting a lead again? We're not very good at it, are we?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Stockdale 7
Bruno - 8
Goldson - 7
Dunk - 7
Rosenior - 6
Knockaert - 7
Kayal - 9
Stephens - 8
Murphy - 6
Baldock - 7
Hemed - 7

Wilson - 3
Bong - 5
Sidwell - 3

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stockdale 6
Rosenior 7
Goldson 7
Dunk 8
Bruno 8
Murphy 7.5
Kayal 9
Stephens 7
Knockaert 9 MOM
Hemed 7
Baldock 6

Wilson 4 - Tempted to give a 3.
Bong 5
Sidwell 5

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 9 missed his compusure and outlet and influence when he was off, creative, and nobody had a cat's chance in hell of going past him.
Goldson - 8
Dunk - 8
Rosenior - 7
Knockaert - 8.5 operated effectively as a striker
Kayal - 9 dominant
Stephens - 8 dominant and scored
Murphy - 7
Baldock - 8 best half a game for the Albion
Hemed - 7.5 timed his runs to precision, spoilt by the miss, six shots

Wilson - 4
Bong - N/S
Sidwell - 7 saved a goal conceded

Pawson 4

Hughton 7

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Some very bizarre scoring in this thread as usual. I think perspective on the game is so important, where do [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27416]theboybilly[/MENTION] sit - out of interest?

theboybilly

Some very bizarre scoring in this thread as usual. I think perspective on the game is so important, where do [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27416]theboybilly[/MENTION] sit - out of interest?

I'm right at the back of N1A (NW corner) I didn't get much of a view of Hemed's first half miss but other than that I though he was excellent today. bringing other players into play, firing off shots, closing their defenders down and even getting the crowd going as he shuffled off. The view from my seat isn't bad but I've decided to move to the middle of WSL to get a much improved perspective

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Stockdale 7
Bruno 8
Rosenior 7
Goldson 8
Dunk 7
Stephens 8
Kayal 8
Murphy 7
Knockeart 8
Baldock 6
Hemed 7

Wilson 6
Bong 6
Sidwell 5

johnscrotes

Jan 10, 2016
not gonna rate the guys individually, thought the whole team was brilliant.

However I will rate Hughton - 4/10
Thought he really got it wrong at the most important part of the match. Hemed played his socks off and needed to be replaced, we were on top at that point in the game so why not bring on Kaz or Skalak? Kaz could have played out wide and Murph could play the number 10 role, or Skalak could play the 10 role if he came on. This way we would have kept the pressure on their defence rather than let them have time at the back and lump balls up to Vokes and Barnes.
Really disappointing to see Hughton bring on Sidwell and effectively lose 2 points, I really fear that his inept tactics could cost us auto promotion, and he let the boys down today.

Also as a side note, surprised to see so many people rate Goldson so generously today when both the Burnley goals, as well as the 'non-goal', all came from Michael Keane (being marked by Goldson) winning the ball direct from the corner. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fantastic player and an unbelievable pick from the lower leagues, just think a few got their rating for him wrong today.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 7 Nothing to do
Rosenior 7 Never going to be as good as left footed full back who can cross
Dunk 7 How do you mark. Never gave forwards a sniff at goal yet from corners and free kicks we won nothing and with luck they could have had 4/5 goals.
Godson 7 Ditto
Bruno 8
Kayal 8 We bossed midfield Sure if he had wound Barton up a bit he would have been off
Stephens 8 Ditto
Hemed 6 Have to disagree just isn't dangerous in box, first touch poor. Appreciate they paid 9mil but we would be clear at top with Gray
Baldock 6 Makes good runs but doesn't get into enough scoring opportunities. Like CMS living on one good season
Murphy 7 Very good apart from disastrous non pass to Wilson.
Knockhert 7 Just nice to have entertainer on pitch.
Wilson 6 Didn't contribute. Have a little sympathy So much of our game is playing long to Baldock/Hemed .When Wilson on have to play to feet although admit when we did his first touch was poor.
Sidwell Let Houghton down. You needed A Calderon who was willing to not stop running for 10mins and throw himself into everything.

Houghton If we had held on for 1min subs would have looked good. Only way they would score was from crosses so in Hindsight Greer should have come on

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Stockdale 6
Bruno 8
Rosenior 6
Dunk 7
Goldson 7
Kayal 9
Stephens 8
Knockhaert 7
Murphy 6
Hemed 6
Baldock 6

Sidwell
Bong
Wilson 3

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
not gonna rate the guys individually, thought the whole team was brilliant.

However I will rate Hughton - 4/10
Thought he really got it wrong at the most important part of the match. Hemed played his socks off and needed to be replaced, we were on top at that point in the game so why not bring on Kaz or Skalak? Kaz could have played out wide and Murph could play the number 10 role, or Skalak could play the 10 role if he came on. This way we would have kept the pressure on their defence rather than let them have time at the back and lump balls up to Vokes and Barnes.
Really disappointing to see Hughton bring on Sidwell and effectively lose 2 points, I really fear that his inept tactics could cost us auto promotion, and he let the boys down today.

Also as a side note, surprised to see so many people rate Goldson so generously today when both the Burnley goals, as well as the 'non-goal', all came from Michael Keane (being marked by Goldson) winning the ball direct from the corner. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fantastic player and an unbelievable pick from the lower leagues, just think a few got their rating for him wrong today.

Very harsh on Hughton. He played the perfect game and set us up perfectly for 80 minutes. Yes, maybe he should have brought someone else on for Hemed but the extra midfielder has worked for us a lot this season. For all the moans on here, we've not often conceded late on following this sub (in fact the only time I can think of before is Derby where it was an Ince error). It's not Hughton's fault that Murphy failed to find Wilson when we broke or that we didn't make the most of other chances. Frankly, given how well we played, I think it's an insult to say that about Hughton.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If I'm allowed...............Stephens was the best midfielder on the pitch.

Stephens and Kayal were equal in my view, although would have been tempted to give to Stephens because of his finish for the goal. They bossed Barton and Jones. You might disagree but I think Barton was told to disrupt Kayal by any means (including unfair means). It didn't really work as Kayal was superb and with a competent referee Barton would have been sent off long before your goal that should have been given.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Stephens and Kayal were equal in my view, although would have been tempted to give to Stephens because of his finish for the goal. They bossed Barton and Jones. You might disagree but I think Barton was told to disrupt Kayal by any means (including unfair means). It didn't really work as Kayal was superb and with a competent referee Barton would have been sent off long before your goal that should have been given.

Good post. We are almost neighbours FS

strangersam

Dec 20, 2015
Stockdale - 5 little to do but several poor passes and throws that ended excellent opportunities for counter attacks
Bruno - 8 radiates confidence throughout our defence, crucially important player
Rosenior - 6 decent first half, couldn't really see him second half from where I was sitting
Goldson - 8 our centre backs did an excellent job in silencing the best striker in the league
Dunk - 7 HUGELY UNDERRATED ON THIS FORUM
Kayal - 9 I'll cry if we lose him in the summer
Stephens - 7 good game
Murphy - 5 offers very little to our team, no physical presence, lacks confidence in beating players, needs to be dropped for lualua
Knockaert - 7 someone with this kind of ball control is so great to have on the wing. Great goal as well, worked very hard
Baldock - 7 nice link up play before injury
Hemed - 6 some good touches and linked up well with baldock, however missed the best chance of the game :'((
Wilson - 4.5 zero physical presence, offers little
Sidwell - 4.5 useless sub, why didn't we bring on kaz???
Bong - ?

Ref - 2 cant get my head around how this wetty didn't even book barton

theboybilly

Kayal and Barton had a running battle up at Turf Moor. Joey Barton did some nice stuff but was largely nullified by Beram's excellent work that day. Barton seems to have stewed on this ever since and made it his mission to exact some sort of revenge. For Joey it was all about Kayal yesterday - for Kayal it was a day to put Barton in his footballing place while still being the most industrious midfielder on the pitch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here