Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Close season signings- who is on Chris Hughton's (realistic) wishlist?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well l thought all of our full backs, be it Bruno, Schelotto, Bong, or Suttner, did ok last season. It was their first experience of the Premier League, and at the end of the day we are Brighton & Hove Albion, not Barcelona.

Indeed.
The singling out of Bong, in particular, I thought was getting to the point where it wasn't about football.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Well l thought all of our full backs, be it Bruno, Schelotto, Bong, or Suttner, did ok last season. It was their first experience of the Premier League, and at the end of the day we are Brighton & Hove Albion, not Barcelona.

Our full backs are good in a Premier League where full backs are generally rather poor with a few exceptions. I was worried about Schelleto's inability to cut out crosses by ordinary players.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we should sign another Nigerian? Which one?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we should sign another Nigerian? Which one?
keeper - no
central defender - no
defensive midfielder - too expensive
attacking midfielder - too expensive
winger - no
striker - too expensive

No Nigerian options fit us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Indeed.
The singling out of Bong, in particular, I thought was getting to the point where it wasn't about football.

I really felt that going into the PL Bong would be our weakness, but far from it.

He had a couple of poor games, Arsenal away sticks out, also Everton where few of our team covered themselves in glory.

Suttner rarely let us down (Leicester away did him no favours early on), but Hughton doesn’t seem to rate him for whatever reason, or perhaps Bong is in ‘possession’ of the shirt and hasn’t done much wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I really felt that going into the PL Bong would be our weakness, but far from it.

He had a couple of poor games, Arsenal away sticks out, also Everton where few of our team covered themselves in glory.

Suttner rarely let us down (Leicester away did him no favours early on), but Hughton doesn’t seem to rate him for whatever reason, or perhaps Bong is in ‘possession’ of the shirt and hasn’t done much wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bongs stats explain why he kept the shirt.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like our summer activities will go to the wire.
Yes, we'll be having our summer striker hunt in the last week, with the fallback option of Hemed or Baldock staying.

Once the window shuts, we then have the new 'outgoing loan window', when any 25 man squad surplus can be loaned out to the football league.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
certainly, i have been more confident watching bong than schelotto. I purely think that full-back is one of those areas where we need just a little more star quality, as bong's only real downside is that he isn't great going forward. Given that izquierdo and kncokaert often cut inside and shoots rather than crosses, it is important we get a more offensive fullback who can also compete defensively, and this bernardo lad looks like a good option, particularly given his versatility. If we could roll schelotto and bong into one player then you'd have the ideal fullback, but we can't so imo we need to look to add a bit of extra quality in this area

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here