Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings: West Brom (h)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Stephens 5 - unfortunately he hasn't stepped up yet. 80% of the time it is side or back passes, or of course taking a 25 year shot

His performance today reminded me of Jake Forster-Caskey. By playing so many passes backwards, is Dale struggling to cope with the step up to the Premier League, or is it just a blip in form?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Duffy MOM for me. He has immense presence, a fine head and a strong tackle. He looks so comfortable at this level. He is the reason why I think Dunk will kick on to higher things.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
dont want to be too hard on Knocky because he's a handful, occupies defenders, gets us off our seats, etc, etc but the last few matches he seems to be more frustrated, sulky and petulent. Against Barnet he got a silly booking and today seemed to be arguing with Bruno a lot.

anyway, Duffy and Dunk were immense.

Yes also with Duffy.

Behaving like a petulant child

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lush

Mods' Pet
His performance today reminded me of Jake Forster-Caskey. By playing so many passes backwards, is Dale struggling to cope with the step up to the Premier League, or is it just a blip in form?

The difference between him and Barry today was plain to see.

Although, as I was reminded by a Baggies fan on Twitter, Barry does have 627 more PL appearances than Stephens.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The difference between him and Barry today was plain to see.

Although, as I was reminded by a Baggies fan on Twitter, Barry does have 627 more PL appearances than Stephens.

I remember a period of a few games last season when Dale's form dipped, but he managed to turn it around. I'd like to think that he will do the same this season. Playing against better players, like Barry, will help him to raise his game even further.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Fotmob app ratings. Always interesting but definitely heavily weighted to goal scorers...
d0b5b275b3275935c0b2adcaf352403b.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surprised you scored March 7. The radio said he was brilliant.

Maybe..... because he was there? Surprised you'd qustion an eyewitness :lolol:

As it happens, and I was there (for an hour, anyway) I agree with you. 8 for me. Otherwise I agree with all the OP's ratings.

After about 30 minutes I was thinking "WBA are a bit meh, and we look really good. Something is surely wrong here'. But it wasn't.

What a cracking day. Our nipper (age 6) had her first taste of live football (and lasted an hour). Even wearing ear defenders, it was eventually too noisy for her :facepalm::wrong::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ryan - composed and quick to get things moving 7
Bruno - worked well with AK and when he went off, AK game drifted 6.5
Dunk/Duffy - great performances, they are a real partnership. I think a lot of strikers will get short change out of them this season. 8
Suttner, very solid and hard working, WBA offered little from the wings 7
AK - terrific in the first half combining with Bruno and he plays with energy and passion 7
Propper - I think when our players get on his wavelength, he will become a crucial part of the team. 6.5
Stephens - I think he is still adjusting to new partnership and PL, he will definitely fighting for his place with a fully fit midfield (which s a good thing) 6
March - PL quality, his defensive performance as terrific and his part in the goal were key to our success today. A very solid 7.5
Gross - his confidence surged with first goal and his performance really was outstanding after that. MOM 8.5
Hemed - what a technically brilliant goal, grafting, grafting,grafting and combined really well with Gross 7.5
Murray - annoyed with that nasty unnecessary challenge and could easily have been a red 6
Hughton showed faith with the players who have had a difficult start to the PL which builds loyalty and affection, genuinely chuffed for him and the coaching team 8
Referee - what a good referee, I don't think he made a dodgy decision all game either way 8
Crowd absolutely awesome, they definitely enjoyed the game 9

Crikey - indeed - until I read that I hadn't given a nanosecond of thought to the referee. You are spot on.:cheers:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 8 - looking very solid
Bruno 7
Dunk 8
Duffy 8
Suttner 7
Knockers 7.5 - an extra .5 for the stepover pisstake
Propper 7.5 - growing into things
Stephens 6 - too vulnerable too often. He's fortunate Sidders & Kayal are injured
March 8 - superb defensively, surprisingly. Final ball generally lame
Gross 9 - blimey he looked good. 2nd goal absolute class
Hemed 7 - good goal, worked hard, we're far more threatening with Glenn

Rosenior 7
Murray 7 - silly booking but poses a threat & a nuisance

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan - composed and quick to get things moving 7
Bruno - worked well with AK and when he went off, AK game drifted 6.5
Dunk/Duffy - great performances, they are a real partnership. I think a lot of strikers will get short change out of them this season. 8
Suttner, very solid and hard working, WBA offered little from the wings 7
AK - terrific in the first half combining with Bruno and he plays with energy and passion 7
Propper - I think when our players get on his wavelength, he will become a crucial part of the team. 6.5
Stephens - I think he is still adjusting to new partnership and PL, he will definitely fighting for his place with a fully fit midfield (which s a good thing) 6
March - PL quality, his defensive performance as terrific and his part in the goal were key to our success today. A very solid 7.5
Gross - his confidence surged with first goal and his performance really was outstanding after that. MOM 8.5
Hemed - what a technically brilliant goal, grafting, grafting,grafting and combined really well with Gross 7.5
Murray - annoyed with that nasty unnecessary challenge and could easily have been a red 6
Hughton showed faith with the players who have had a difficult start to the PL which builds loyalty and affection, genuinely chuffed for him and the coaching team 8
Referee - what a good referee, I don't think he made a dodgy decision all game either way 8
Crowd absolutely awesome, they definitely enjoyed the game 9

This summary - 9/10. Just a bit harsh on Propper I think, he was better than that.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Ryan-8 Good save at 3-1, good performance
Bruno-7.5 Good until forced off
Duffy-8 Imperious
Dunk-8 Fantastic
Süttner 7 Good
Knockaert 7.5 Skillful, busy
Pröpper 7.5 Influential
Stephens 6 A little off the pace but ok
March 8 Brilliant defensively
Groß 8.5 Ran and ran, took his goals well and excellent assist.
Hemed 8 One chance and he took it. Worked hard

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ryan 8 - Two good saves. One in the first half from Barry you'd expect him to make but still did weoostll. The 1-1 on in the second half was excellent though.A massive confidence b

Suttner 7 - Didn't do too much, but was solid enough. An upgrade on Poc & Bong.
Dunk 9 - He's 6 months away from an England call-up. Sensational.
Duffy 8 - Not quite as good as Dunk but still did an excellent job on Rondon.
Bruno 8 - Still worried that'll be caught out this season but did very well.

Stephens 6.5 - Still think he's a yard off the pace. I think he'll make the step up, just needs to get used to having one touch less than he's used to.
Propper 7.5 - I'll call it now. Out of all our summer signings he'll be the best. There is a seriously good player in there and he keeps getting better. Baller.

Knockaert 7 - Tried too hard today. He needs to relax a bit, still looked dangerous.
Gross 8.5 - I think he only touched the ball 4 times, but 3 of them were goals or assits so he's welcome to do that every game.
March 8 - Worked hard, especially defensively but his final ball was poor today.

Hemed 7.5 - Worked hard and an excellent goal. Still worry he isn't Prem quality, mind.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Maybe..... because he was there? Surprised you'd qustion an eyewitness :lolol:

As it happens, and I was there (for an hour, anyway) I agree with you. 8 for me. Otherwise I agree with all the OP's ratings.

After about 30 minutes I was thinking "WBA are a bit meh, and we look really good. Something is surely wrong here'. But it wasn't.

What a cracking day. Our nipper (age 6) had her first taste of live football (and lasted an hour). Even wearing ear defenders, it was eventually too noisy for her :facepalm::wrong::lolol:

I don't know why, Harry wilsons tackle, but I always had you down as being of bens grandad vintage.
Glad the new gull enjoyed the game for as long as she stayed!

Last edited:

Coxovi

NSC Patreon
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Since I was finally at the game! So now I can do ratings.

Ryan-8 was impressive, thought the save in the first half was excellent.
Bruno-7 Love to watch him play. Calm and assured.
Duffy-7 Great player, but a couple of shaky touches in the second half
Dunk-8 Loved the attacking runs, one sublime tackle in the first half
Süttner 7 Good
Knockaert 7.5 Picked us up in the end of first half, stretched their defence
Pröpper 7 didn't notice him much, but clearly effective
Stephens 6 off the pace, some lapses
March 7.5 Brilliant defensively, some weak crosses in the first half but great one for the first goal
Groß 8.5 took his goals well and excellent assist
Hemed 8 Worked hard, great goal

Great day out, worth the trip from Switzerland.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Ryan 7.5 looked confident and settling in now
Bruno 7.5 solid
Suttner 6.5 works hard and has some nice touches but not totally convinced of his defensive ability
Dunk 9 wow what a player we have here
Duffy 8.99 these 2 are really turning into something special
Stevens 5.5 not up to the mark so far
Proepper 8 best performance for us by a mile today. Showed what a good player we have in there
Knockaert 7 still more to come from him
March 8 defensively excellent works well with Suttner and what a cross for the first goal
Gross 8 scored 2 and made the other this is what we were hoping to see from him
Hemed 7.5 worked really hard and took his goal really well

Rosenior 6
Murray 6

Referee 10 best I've seen for years. As mentioned before nobody even noticed him. Excellent

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think some people are being hard on Hemed - it was his control of the ball and pass that set up Gross's second goal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here