Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Allotment’s a good shout, they do a nice sanctimonious salad I hear

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dont vegans refuse to cook eat or even handle meat.

I don't see why. I may not be vegan, but I am a vegetarian and I cook bacon sandwiches every weekend morning, as well as meaty/fishy dinner options for others in the house many nights of the week.

My choice has nothing to do with anyone else's choice.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It’s because we are sick and tired about the constant “we are better than you” attitude, constantly banging on about how wrong we are to eat meat, there is no let up from them, outside shops, inside shops and blocking meat aisles. They simply don’t give two hoots that it’s our choice to eat meat and if we didn’t want to we wouldn’t. For me it’s the constant looking down their noses at meat eaters that gets me.

What you're describing is the more militant elements that I alluded to, not the vast majority of vegans who choose this as a personal lifestyle choice. And in the grand scheme of things, are those militant vegans really worth your ire? As soon as people start banding about "we" and "they" I get turned off. The world would be a much more chilled place if people stopped getting so outraged and stopped lumping people into groups just so they can vent their outrage (and yes, that applies to the militant vegans as much as anyone else).

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It’s because we are sick and tired about the constant “we are better than you” attitude, constantly banging on about how wrong we are to eat meat, there is no let up from them, outside shops, inside shops and blocking meat aisles. They simply don’t give two hoots that it’s our choice to eat meat and if we didn’t want to we wouldn’t. For me it’s the constant looking down their noses at meat eaters that gets me.

None of the vegans I know have ever blocked a meat aisle or preached to me. How many encounters with vegans have you actually had?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I really can't get excited about what someone else eats.

As a marmite lover, should I be outraged everytime someone tells me they don't like it ? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here