Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Daily Mirror are reporting that Liverpool are considering a move for Pascal Gross

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
At £18m I'd say he'd be sold without a doubt. As for Liverpool buying him or, as someone who wants game time, he'd go is another matter. PG and £25m for Salah ... now there's a deal!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only shock is that for £15M it will be a very short discussion
Exactly.

We pay £15m for the likes of AJ, Izzy and Locadia, not knowing whether they'll fit in with our team or make it in the PL. When we get someone who does both of those things, we're hardly going to sell them for that are we :rolleyes:

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The bigger question is ... to what point would the Albion stand in the way of a player going to a top 6 team , they have said if the price was right they would not stop Dunk or A.N.Other going to top 6 just would not sell to a direct competitor in other 13 teams.

If Liverpool are serious they would get their man as they have the financial clout to test Albions policy.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Maybe they would use him in a similar fashion as to how they deploy Firmino? Not particularly quick, not even a natural striker, but uses his footballing intelligence to bring the more dynamic players into the game, also a very good finisher.

This.

Anyone who thinks that he’d not be a success in that Liverpool team needs their heads checking!

CH had him in a deep lying midfield role in the league cup; he is very versatile and could replace Milner (who was also an attacking player one upon a time).

£30m and we’ll talk.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It seems a good return on a £3 million investment...

I never, ever understand these kind of comments.

Selling a player, conservatively valued at £25m, for £15m is absolutely not a 'good return', in any way.

What we paid for the player is, in this context, entirely irrelevant. The purchase was an entirely separate, spectacularly good, bit of business. It doesn't impact the value we now place on him, in the slightest.

Would Leicester sell us Vardy for £4m? It would be a decent 'return' on the £1m they paid for him, after all.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This has been doing the rounds for a few weeks. I also read that he has an £18m buy out clause.
Personally, I’d like to see him stay at BHA as as a player I think he would have a far more prominent part to play. However, if you look back to Klopp’s early days at BD, he is the type of player he has gone for. Speed from midfield is not essential, picking a pass is.
With LFC looking at Hazard and Dembele as wing options, another squad player who can use his brain and doesn’t mind not being a first choice pick would enrich the squad. Lallana is not in Klopps long term plans do a cheaper version would be attractive.
I really hope he stays at Brighton if the rumours are true, Liverpool can afford other options I don’t think BHA can afford to replace him.

Sorry, did you suggest Liverpool are looking at Hazard, as in Eden or is it his brother Thorgan?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With LFC looking at Hazard and Dembele as wing options.

Without wishing to be rude, why would Hazard go to Liverpool when it's been known for ages that Real Madrid want him?

EDIT - as above, Thorgan Hazard could make sense.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If 1st XI players get sold then it has to be done over the summer.

Gross is still getting over injury and it remains to be seen whether he'll get back to his best, but Hughton didn't waste any time putting him back in the starting eleven which tells you all you need to know.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I never, ever understand these kind of comments.

Selling a player, conservatively valued at £25m, for £15m is absolutely not a 'good return', in any way.

What we paid for the player is, in this context, entirely irrelevant. The purchase was an entirely separate, spectacularly good, bit of business. It doesn't impact the value we now place on him, in the slightest.

Would Leicester sell us Vardy for £4m? It would be a decent 'return' on the £1m they paid for him, after all.

So by that logic, if we can move Locadia on for say £7.5 million that would be a good return, because that must be about his value now (if that)....No that would be a crap return on a £14 million investment.

As i said in the rest of my post, Gross is worth more to us and Liverpool would have to offer considerably more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TBH if he did a Cryuff Turn in front of me, wearing red, I'd still cheer

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Seems unlikley to me unless Klopp is figuring that he needs a different shape up his sleeve, or if in certain games, where Liverpool dominate so much that a tough tackling, fast player is more redundant and so a more creative option to Henderson/The Dutch chap (cant spell his name) is useful. Just can't see it though..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
1: The Sun..... feck off
2: 15 million.... feck off

If, If it is true they are interested it would need to be 25 million plus and a loan back until the end of season, in which case why sell him for 25 million when if he continues in the first team his value will only increase.

therefore......

feck off

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Maybe it's because they're both from the land of Deutschland that this whisper is doing the rounds?
Just cannot see any other viable reason for this rumour personally.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So by that logic, if we can move Locadia on for say £7.5 million that would be a good return, because that must be about his value now (if that)....No that would be a crap return on a £14 million investment.

It is for another thread entirely, but personally I'd say that recouping £7.5m for Locadia wouldn't be a bad bit of business at all. The bad business there, was, and would remain, the original purchase price.

This is like Liverpool fans old argument that it somehow didn't matter that they wasted £40m on Andy Carroll, because Chelsea overpaid them £50m for Fernando Torres. Every individual deal has to be looked at on its own merits / values. Liverpool still massively overspent on Carroll, irrespective of what they sold another player for, just as the Albion would be massively underselling Groß at £15m, irrespective of how little we paid for him.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Klippety just wants a player on the field who understands what he's shouting.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here