Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I haven't seen much mention of this, why aren't more people complaining? Was it marginal?

Shown and spoken about on MOTD Wood was offside as the ball was crossed over and Ryan flapped at it. Wood was definitely interfering with play.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's been said time and again that we were the better team but that's a relative term. Better than what? A very frail Burnley. While we were better than Burnley we were hardly playing silky football likely to strike fear into the heart of future opponents.

It was hardly a catastrophe but let's not kid ourselves that we're a short step from becoming the new Brazil. The table will probably look less rosy as we head into the New Year. I'm confident of better things in the latter part of the season, with kinder fixtures and the new brigade coming to the fore, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've won games this season when we weren't the 'best team'. Yesterday we lost when we probably were the better team. It happens
Indeed it does.
and over a season these things tend to even themselves up.
Well no, they don't.

We've lost to an offside goal - pretty unlucky on that front against Cardiff too. I don't think that'll even out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A Championship loan move could be good for him, but I imagine his ego would prevent that from being a possibility.

Agreed.

Wonder what thescore is with loan moves. Can we say, 'You're under contract with us, we are your employers, and like it or not you are going on loan to xxxx for the rest of the season', or do the player and his agent have a veto: 'No, I'll stay here and just carry on picking up my wage packet, thank you'?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We've won games this season when we weren't the 'best team'. Yesterday we lost when we probably were the better team. It happens and over a season these things tend to even themselves up. For the first 20 minutes or so our passing and general movement was excellent. Bissouma looks like a real find.
Interesting that I went to the Palace and Burnley games with 'neutral' mates and both raved about Dunk saying that he was the best player on the pitch. One who is a Man United fan said that he's a better player than any of their defenders.

Basically a southern Man U fan you went with ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's been said time and again that we were the better team but that's a relative term. Better than what? A very frail Burnley. While we were better than Burnley we were hardly playing silky football likely to strike fear into the heart of future opponents.

It was hardly a catastrophe but let's not kid ourselves that we're a short step from becoming the new Brazil. The table will probably look less rosy as we head into the New Year. I'm confident of better things in the latter part of the season, with kinder fixtures and the new brigade coming to the fore, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

The run of home fixtures from Feb onwards will be our saving grace, after, what is sure to be, a pretty barren run over Xmas/New Year.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
We've won games this season when we weren't the 'best team'. Yesterday we lost when we probably were the better team. It happens and over a season these things tend to even themselves up. For the first 20 minutes or so our passing and general movement was excellent. Bissouma looks like a real find.
Interesting that I went to the Palace and Burnley games with 'neutral' mates and both raved about Dunk saying that he was the best player on the pitch. One who is a Man United fan said that he's a better player than any of their defenders.

No surprise there then.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here