Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Club membership' to be added to season ticket...

Would you pay £20 to add membership to your Albion season ticket?

• Yes, I would - sign me up!

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No ****ing chance.

Votes: 270 95.1%

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No thanks, price increase by stealth

This is actually quite shocking !

I’m a season ticket holder.... why should I pay to be a member as well ?

Also.... should be something you opt IN to if you want it, shouldn’t have to opt out

The club can stick it.

Just give it to us then?

...they can forget it.

I haven't had the email yet but would have to know what's in the pack before deciding if it's worth it or not.

I said no.

Have read the eMail several times.. Sorry what exactly was the benefit again? Sounds like a piss take

If the pack you receive is £30 and the membership is £20, why don't the club just give is membership for free with no pack.

It'll be a keyring and a car sticker, or some such tat which costs less than a fiver to produce.

Non comprendo

Trying to recoup some of the cash that was squandered on Scudamore’s whip round.Poke it Barber

I suppose the question is, has anyone with a season ticket found it impossible / difficult to get extra tickets when they wanted to? If not then don't pay it.

Another well thought out little rip off to steal a fraction more of my love for the club.

I’ve just answered the survey and also said no thanks

This is what you get for having a £xxK a year Marketing Manager.

Suggested he/she gets a 'must try harder' rating

This is going well :)

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is beating palace the best time to sneak out bad news?

I guess the club can't do this straight after releasing it's first profit in like forever.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just read my email in a state of slight disbelief, and popped on here to post a poll.

As this thread already exists, I've added the poll to it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So nearly 30% of ST are regularly buying guest tickets, which means that over 70% aren't but in their wisdom the club have decided that you need to opt out if you don't want it, rather than opt in for the much smaller numbers that currently use it.

This just smacks of it will only be £1.67 a month for those paying by DD so they won't notice it and just let the automatic opt in kick in at renewal time.

Haven't yet the received the email but it will be a NO from me,

Just another price hike after the Travel hit the other week for coach users

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Next season we are proposing that we include a club membership with your season ticket. This would be at the heavily reduced price of £20 for adults and £10 for juniors."

Is that the Bronze Membership that is £22 for adults and £12 for kids. Assuming they don't whack the price up for 2019/20, I'm not sure the £20/£10 pricing represents a "heavy discount"

https://www.seagullstickets.com/custom/documents/pdf/1819/1819membershipbenefits.pdf

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Next season we are proposing that we include a club membership with your season ticket. This would be at the heavily reduced price of £20 for adults and £10 for juniors."

Is that the Bronze Membership that is £22 for adults and £12 for kids. Assuming they don't whack the price up for 2019/20, I'm not sure the £20/£10 pricing represents a "heavy discount"

https://www.seagullstickets.com/custom/documents/pdf/1819/1819membershipbenefits.pdf

Unless they mean they'll be no discount the following year(s).

Dare I say also no opt out either.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I’ve just answered the survey and also said no thanks but added some comments about why - but when I clicked send it just directed me straight to the club shop website and gave no confirmation that my response or comments had been sent/received.

Did anybody else have that problem?

Same

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not covering themselves in glory on this one are they?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Seeing as you have stiffed me with an increase on the Seagull Travel costs, you can stick this one where the sun doesn't shine.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Have never bought another ticket for anyone, so for that reason, I'm out.

Pretty poor they are asking ST to opt-out when it seems clear from their numbers that a greater percentage do not buy extra tickets. Should be opt-in for those that want it, not opt-out for those that don't.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've just answered their survey and said no. I very rarely buy guest tickets and don't want an extra £20 on my season ticket for some tatty welcome pack. I notice it's £20 across the board and no concession for pensioners.

The club can stick it.
The welcome packs are quite nice as it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here