Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That goal

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Not sure if it's on another thread but GREAT song in the NS concourse after...

"Andone is scoring, all around us, And we're singing, having fun! It's the season, of love and understanding, Merry Christmas, Palace scum...!!!"

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not sure if it's on another thread but GREAT song in the NS concourse after...

"Andone is scoring, all around us, And we're singing, having fun! It's the season, of love and understanding, Merry Christmas, Palace scum...!!!"

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Merry Christmas Palace Scum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
It was simply astonishing. Not just the tenacity, the unbelievable run, skill and finish. But the timing. And the manner in which it happened. It absolutely punched the wind out of Palace's sails. They went off beaten at HT. To a man. You could see the 'WTF' bubbles floating out of their heads as they walked off!

Viva Andone! Glenn who...? :lolol:
Perfect description. A great demonstration to younger players ( and may be the Palace team) of why you should never give up.

I think Attila should rewrite his song about Palace players and donkeys on Blackpool beach. - Tomkins must surely be included after that performance tonight.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I also got in trouble for shouting and scaring everyone!

I don't know why they weren't watching though. They should concetrate on the game, especially the cat!

I also got in trouble for singing P A L A C E Stevie........

Then I got in trouble for dropping my towel and streaking through the house.

But much for 7.30am I grant you but **** me it was exciting. I went for a shower and missed the sending off and second goal so I think I was allowed to be excited.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I was at both. Nelson’s was better but for the timing and opposition that goal is right up there. 2nd in my all time Albion goals.

Thing about Nelson's was that he did virtually the same thing at Notts County a week later. Not many of us there for it though so it isn't as well remembered.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Good goal. I think some people are going a bit over the top about it. Their defender did get a touch on the ball and completely cocked it up which gave Andone the chance to shoot. It was more a chase than a dribbling goal. IGreat determination more than technical ability.

No where near as good as Zamora v Halifax

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good goal. I think some people are going a bit over the top about it. Their defender did get a touch on the ball and completely cocked it up which gave Andone the chance to shoot. It was more a chase than a dribbling goal. IGreat determination more than technical ability.

No where near as good as Zamora v Halifax
... apart from the fact it was in the Premier League against Palace.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
... apart from the fact it was in the Premier League against Palace.
LOL...

It was also no chasing the ball down fluke...

I remember watching Florin"s highlights reel when we signed him and noticing his unusually direct drbbling style. He seems to be able to essentially go straight through defenders at pace - relying on a "lucky" bounce of the ball to keep possession - and create an opening for himself.

Quite a knack.

It won't come off consistently but wonderful when it does and now he has a lot of leeway in the bank for anytime it doesn't...[emoji846]

Impressive, particularly as he is some way behind the Palace player chasing the ball. Sadly nothing will ever compare to "...Inigo Calderon, he scores with his face..." though.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
LOL...

It was also no chasing the ball down fluke...

[emoji846]

Who said it was a fluke? And how on earth can chasing a ball even be considered a fluke?

Watch the goal again. I think Andone touches it 3 times before he shoots. Hardly a mazey run. It was a determined, direct, confident goal where he saw the space in Palace's half and exposed it. A very good goal and a quality finish. Not sure calling it a dribbling wonder goal is the right description. His 1st touch which gave the defender a race was my favourite part of the goal. Very Gareth Bale

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Instant legend.

If he does nothing else for us (and he will!), that goal will be as well-remembered as Vicente’s run and shot v Derby.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh, right. That's how you judge volleying a ball dropping over your shoulder with an impossible angle to score.
Had it been against Palace, it obviously wouldn't have gone in.

Eh?

Don't understand your last sentence but the different skills that both goals took are like comparing apples and oranges, both were good in their own way. Also context dear boy context. I scored a better goal than Zamora's playing for Sompting Reserves in the Worthing League. No one goes on about that.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Eh?

Don't understand your last sentence but the different skills that both goals took are like comparing apples and oranges, both were good in their own way. Also context dear boy context. I scored a better goal than Zamora's playing for Sompting Reserves in the Worthing League. No one goes on about that.

I agree, your goal for Sompting reserves was on another level, but I'd still say my goal for junior seagulls 22 years ago was on par. Different types of goals but both technically world class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here