Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Andone or Murray against Palace

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
......glenn scores 92nd min, crowed goes wild.

gggggooooooaaaaaaalllll !!!!

crow.jpeg

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Izquierdo's form has dropped dramatically lately and should be rested for this , so this potentially opens up a spot for both Murray and Andone to start , tbh i'd rather we didn't start both and favour Murray to start simply because he will score in this game , so let it be written so let it be done ~/~ , Murray wins so many free kicks in the oppo's half it's a no brainer really considering how many goals we score from free kicks and how naff Palace are at defending free kicks , Andone looks the real deal though and i can't say i'd want the problem CH has on tuesday night in selection terms , for what it's worth i'd definitely drop/rest Bruno /Izquierdo / Bissouma and bring in Kayal and Knockaert so with that in mind

Ryan
Balogun
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo
Knockaert
Kayal
Propper
March
Gross
Murray

Subs Montoya ~ Steele ~ Bissouma ~ Andone ~ Bong ~ Locadia ~ Me

Balogun showed yesterday he is not a RB

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If Palace are expecting a lone Glenn Murray up front - and they're planning their whole game strategy around that, why not start with both and confuse their peanuts. :D

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Palace are expecting a lone Glenn Murray up front - and they're planning their whole game strategy around that, why not start with both and confuse their peanuts. :D

Didn’t we try an odd system at their place last season? I remember after change back to our normal shape at half time, we looked a lot better.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Balogun showed yesterday he is not a RB

Little choice considering Montoya wasn't on the bench and not certain to be there tuesday either and Bruno looked shattered at the end , what did he do wrong to convince you he cant play right back ? concede a foul i'm guessing ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The problem with having both is that we would probably have to loose a CM and compromise on where we play Gross. For me having 2 CM behind him is what allows him the space to get moves started and cause problems. I'd start Murray and play 2 wingers willing to run Knockaert plus 1 other

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Little choice considering Montoya wasn't on the bench and not certain to be there tuesday either and Bruno looked shattered at the end , what did he do wrong to convince you he cant play right back ? concede a foul i'm guessing ?

Schelotto if Montoya is unfit ..... did have a choice yesterday by swapping Bernardo and bringing on Bong which he has done a couple times this season

Winger went past him several times.... not quick enough, caught out positionally.

Great CB but not a RB, Zaha and Townsend would have a field day

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Swapping Bernardo to the right didn't really pan out the last time we tried it did it , and if it were a straight choice between Schelotto and Balogun at RB then frankly i'd still go with Balogun , obviously CH will take my opinion into consideration on tuesday night .

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Murray is still in No.1 position when it comes to strikers choice , but the good thing is at last it looks like he has REAL competition for his place which has to spur him on even more.

Against palace it is a no brainer to start with Muzza as he will give his all as he has in the past against his previous clubs but he will know he has to put that shift in as now we have alternatives.

Expect Stephens to come back and the team to be its usual 4-4-1-1 and the only real question mark is Izzy or March or Knocky on the left of midfield.

I think Stephens isn't eligible until the Burnley game?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think that as its only little Palace and they are so far below us in every respect, this would be an ideal game to play Connolly up front. It would be good for his confidence to bag a few easy goals against the scum.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Schelotto if Montoya is unfit ..... did have a choice yesterday by swapping Bernardo and bringing on Bong which he has done a couple times this season

Winger wasn't past him several times.... not quick enough, caught out positionally.

Great CB but not a RB, Zaha and Townsend would have a field day

Schelotto wasn't named in our 25 at the start of the season was he?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Start Andone, but then substitute for Murray later in the game (but not too late, please Chris)

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
If you’re sat in your Mum’s South Croydon flat eating Quavers in your back tracksuit trousers and fake North Face jacket you bought in Greece 3 years ago, an excited tiny bulge of Standard bangers in your right pocket, you’re dreading seeing Murray's name on the team sheet before donning the balaclava that your friend got you when he went go-karting.

So whilst my heart says both, my head says Glenn.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I’d go for Glenn. Every time he scores for us it sends them into a group meltdown and just having him on the pitch in an Albion top will unsettle their nervy defence. If it doesn’t work out give Florin the last 30 mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here