Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Vegan hardline communists

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Most meaning more than 50%. Probably although I would suggest that the % of Vegans who get involved in protests is pretty high. I`ll guess at 30% or more.

What evidence forms the basis of your guesswork?

The protesters in this case clearly felt the need to inflict their views on the diners.

Er... yes. That is usually the purpose of a protest.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the joke hints at an underlying truth - we crave meat. indiginous peoples across the world dont just go vegan they seek out meat. its highly nutritious, loads of minerals and of course proteins, that have already been pre-process from volumes of foliage. my sister was vegetarian until she was pregnant and began to crave meat so gave up veggism, and apparently this is quite common.

primates are omnivorous and even hunt prey, and theres a theory that regularly eating meat accelerated our brain development into humans.

eating of meat and the discovery of fire pretty much made the homo sapiens what he is today ......some historians credit humans with the extinction of entire species of mega fauna throughout various continents.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think you`ll agree that Eggs were created for reproduction.

I usually feel quite frisky after my Eggs Benedict....I think you’re correct.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Vegans must be crap in bed if they don't eat meat.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think you`ll agree that Eggs were created for reproduction not food.

Get your hens a cockerel! You`ll get eggs and Chicken and an alarm clock !!

Agreed but only a small percentage of eggs get fertilised even if there is a cockerel. I'm not sure my neighbours will appreciate the alarm clock !

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Humans are omnivores.

Eating meat is not immoral . . . . plenty of farming methods are extremely questionable however.

These guys are just twats, up there with EDL and other extremist tosspots.

Agreed. A bunch of tossers. If they have nothing better to do, then demonstrate about something important … like the need for the Albion to play a more attacking style of football.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Mixed views on this

I've got no objections if Vegan "activists" want to find a way to educate others about the things they've learned, though it needs to be in a non-threatening and less judgemental way

Eating meat has undoubtedly played a huge and natural part in our evolution, and because of this, our brain gives us huge chemical rewards for eating it However the question is, do we still need to eat it now? Environmentally it's going to be totally unsustainable to have 7 up to 10bn having a large proportion of meat in our diets.

I'm really concerned about animal welfare all through the production of food. Though being a weak individual, I've got gone through with my conviction to give meat up. I've cut down a fair bit I suppose

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
oh yeh.

An extremely ignorant use of the word "communist" OP

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Most meaning more than 50%. Probably although I would suggest that the % of Vegans who get involved in protests is pretty high. I`ll guess at 30% or more. The protesters in this case clearly felt the need to inflict their views on the diners.

Allegedly 3.5 million people 'identifying' as Vegan in 2018. 30% of that is about 1 million... there is no way that there are 1 million vegans getting involved in protests. The real number is statistically tiny, and probably in line with hard line twats of every flavour.

Being vegan doesn't automatically make you an idiot, and most vegans, like most humans, understand that imposing your personal views on another isn't going to make any difference. These sorts of stunts are totally counter-productive, as are interviews on This Morning etc, where they typically get hard line / antagonistic people on, because it's better TV. Imagine if they had a normal, moderate person on there just arguing that it's only their personal point of view. How boring.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Allegedly 3.5 million people 'identifying' as Vegan in 2018. 30% of that is about 1 million... there is no way that there are 1 million vegans getting involved in protests. The real number is statistically tiny, and probably in line with hard line twats of every flavour.

Being vegan doesn't automatically make you an idiot, and most vegans, like most humans, understand that imposing your personal views on another isn't going to make any difference. These sorts of stunts are totally counter-productive, as are interviews on This Morning etc, where they typically get hard line / antagonistic people on, because it's better TV. Imagine if they had a normal, moderate person on there just arguing that it's only their personal point of view. How boring.

3.5 million = 5% of population. That figure surprises me. I know several vegetarians but no Vegans but there again probably mix in different circles to them.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/172...o-of-animals-screaming-in-central-steakhouse/

Not strictly communists but nearly facist like in their desire to impose their will upon others.

You may be surprised to hear that in 1999 some Maoists put into official communist creed that vegan activism of the type described is actually condemned by the party. Anyone caught doing the things in the video would be sent 'to prison or re-education camp'.

https://www.prisoncensorship.info/archive/etext/wim/cong/vegan.html

I personally think that there should be mandatory Stalinesque re-education camps for any of the following:
- Protesting about people eating meat (forcing your views on others)
- Eating meat (think of the poor little lamb's face)
- Starting threads about anything as insignificant as a vegan protest that even the restaurant owner could only call "a bit annoying"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A lot of people still don't, but if you look at the act of meat eating objectively - having millions of animals suffer and slaughtered for no other purpose than to satisify our taste buds, at the detriment of both the environment and the economy - it's difficult to think of a counter argument as to why it isn't immoral.

I'm a meat eater and I believe that I am weak and carrying out an immoral act by eating meat. I love food, my favourite meals are all meat based. However I would fully support the outright ban of meat eating in an instant - it is the right thing to do.

I'd go along with this.

I think it's important though, to separate eating meat from mass farming. Hunting a wild animal to feed a village or rearing an animal for food are two of the most natural human instincts there are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You may be surprised to hear that in 1999 some Maoists put into official communist creed that vegan activism of the type described is actually condemned by the party. Anyone caught doing the things in the video would be sent 'to prison or re-education camp'.

https://www.prisoncensorship.info/archive/etext/wim/cong/vegan.html

I personally think that there should be mandatory Stalinesque re-education camps for any of the following:
- Protesting about people eating meat (forcing your views on others)
- Eating meat (think of the poor little lamb's face)
- Starting threads about anything as insignificant as a vegan protest that even the restaurant owner could only call "a bit annoying"

this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here