Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Side Linesman

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
boring but I had to look it up. :blush:

from the FA Rules

So, as the foul happened before the 'offside' player had a chance to play the ball then the foul was penalised, in this case as a penalty.

But surely he is ‘active’ because if he wasn’t then you wouldn’t need to try and tackle him

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We've been poor the last 2 games but if VAR had been in place we would have picked up 4 points.

Exactly - we've created some of our own problems but without factual mistakes by officials which would have been sorted out by VAR we would be sitting on 18 points which would have been even healthier than the (2 points ahead of the tracker) 15 we have now.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I thought he had already touched the ball before the foul.

The ball rebounded off Kayal and as the ball was heading toward the player, Kayal lunged in and virtually at the same time the ball hit the player. In real time that would have been impossible to spot.

But surely he is ‘active’ because if he wasn’t then you wouldn’t need to try and tackle him

As above.

Screenshot 2018-11-25 at 16.09.57.png

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
All should be well next season with VAR except that nothing you mentioned will be covered by VAR. It needs the Officals governing body to be more pro activated to improve the standard of refs and assistants instead of continually backing them when making mistakes.

With VAR the Lino won't flag Gross offside if not certain but wait to see if it matters and let the TV ref decide.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The ball hitting a Brighton player doesnt put the player onside now. I think that having just watched MOTD that the player in the middle played Gross onside although MOTD didnt highlight it.

They didn't highlight it but it was mentioned by the commentator in the replay. I watched MOTD last night & again this morning.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They didn't highlight it but it was mentioned by the commentator in the replay. I watched MOTD last night & again this morning.

Blimey you are a glutton for punishment. I have been sulking too much to even watch it once :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Blimey you are a glutton for punishment. I have been sulking too much to even watch it once :lolol:

No point in sulking. It doesn't change the result.
My husband was ill yesterday so hadn't seen the game or the highlights. I was sure some of the decisions were wrong, so we watched it this morning. We agreed the lino & ref were illegitimate and felt better after that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here