Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Some being very harsh on Knockaert. He's been one of our best players this season. I'd say only Murray and Duffy have performed better. 3 assists so far this season is a decent return. Offers much more than AJ and March going forward IMO.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Some being very harsh on Knockaert. He's been one of our best players this season. I'd say only Murray and Duffy have performed better. 3 assists so far this season is a decent return. Offers much more than AJ and March going forward IMO.

I agree , don’t understand why he is not starting, March is lucky to still be starting,

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
'Flatters to deceive' is the phrase that springs to mind with Knockaert. The move being mentioned is indicative of many things which have happened this season with him. He can perform a sublime trick, shimmy past one, two players like they weren't there and... then his decision-making goes awry. He'll try to beat a third, or his pass goes astray, or the cross goes sailing over everyone's head. The desire is there - the end product, for the most part, isn't.

It has happened so many times this season, and less and less is he behaving like a team player. We know of his outward enthusiasm (though one doesn't need to display it like an over-excited pup every five minutes to show commitment), and we know of his skill - but Dear Lord has he frustrated the bejaysus out of so many of his team mates in a given moment.

I can't really say he has been one of our better players this season as, for example, one of his penchants is to start a counter-attack and, rather than wait for the cavalry to arrive (which admittedly can take a while), he'll try and take on four, five, six players and inevitably lose the ball. And back it comes. It's no better than Ryan hoofing the ball to somewhere that Murray isn't. Him being on the bench is, for me, no surprise.

And his yellow card, while 'taking one for the team', was just silly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd expect Propper to ease back in when fit, with Dale the most likely to step down. We've missed Propper's ability to get us from defence to attack with a smart pass. Part of the reason we're struggling to get forward at the moment

I think that Dale Stephens stepping down and making way for Propper is the least likely scenario, more likely to be Kayal to make way at home and a wide man sacrificed away.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I think that Dale Stephens stepping down and making way for Propper is the least likely scenario, more likely to be Kayal to make way at home and a wide man sacrificed away.

Could see Propper playing further forward. Don't like playing March through the middle, so he makes way for me. Would be harsh to drop Kayal at the moment and think we need Stephens' grit. No way sacrifice a winger.
Nice problems for Hughton to have.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
March will make way for Gross and I thought that we was saying who to make way for Propper hence Kayal at home as we need to attack and a wide man away to add Kayals defence ability.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Knockaert over March every day of the week, be it on the wing or number 10.
I would also favour Kayal over Propper. his industry complements Stephens

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
'Flatters to deceive' is the phrase that springs to mind with Knockaert. The move being mentioned is indicative of many things which have happened this season with him. He can perform a sublime trick, shimmy past one, two players like they weren't there and... then his decision-making goes awry. He'll try to beat a third, or his pass goes astray, or the cross goes sailing over everyone's head. The desire is there - the end product, for the most part, isn't.

It has happened so many times this season, and less and less is he behaving like a team player. We know of his outward enthusiasm (though one doesn't need to display it like an over-excited pup every five minutes to show commitment), and we know of his skill - but Dear Lord has he frustrated the bejaysus out of so many of his team mates in a given moment.

I can't really say he has been one of our better players this season as, for example, one of his penchants is to start a counter-attack and, rather than wait for the cavalry to arrive (which admittedly can take a while), he'll try and take on four, five, six players and inevitably lose the ball. And back it comes. It's no better than Ryan hoofing the ball to somewhere that Murray isn't. Him being on the bench is, for me, no surprise.

So silly that he could have been sent off for two yellow card offences in the same move!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Cant agree with a lot of that ....but I'll pick out the last bit....he wasn't picked for Newcastle away...and I bet that surprised a lot of people, as prior to that he had been in good form

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'd expect Propper to ease back in when fit, with Dale the most likely to step down. We've missed Propper's ability to get us from defence to attack with a smart pass. Part of the reason we're struggling to get forward at the moment

Hmm, probably part of the reason we have won the last three games with him out. he's not a scrapper nor a hard worker doesn't like heading the ball and not strong in the tackle. We havn't missed propper at all.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014

Wholly disagree. Yes he sometimes makes the wrong call but he is one of the few (maybe two - he and Izquierdo) capable of changing defence into attack at pace. When he doesn't play Brighton look pedestrian and laboured and Bruno has no one to link up with. If his decisions were right more of the time he would not be playing for us !

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Knocky > March, and consistently so, especially this season. He should not have been dropped IMHO, and Ali J should be our number 10 in Gross absence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Wholly disagree. Yes he sometimes makes the wrong call but he is one of the few (maybe two - he and Izquierdo) capable of changing defence into attack at pace. When he doesn't play Brighton look pedestrian and laboured and Bruno has no one to link up with. If his decisions were right more of the time he would not be playing for us !

And this is 100% correct...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Wish he would play more - because we all know how good he can be at his best. But I have to accept that there is a reason he isn't playing (much) at the moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The story going around West Lower was that he was dropped from the bench after a massive row with CH culminating in him saying he wanted to leave in January. Not sure if there is any substance to it or not but wondered if anybody could shed any light from ITK fans.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The story going around West Lower was that he was dropped from the bench after a massive row with CH culminating in him saying he wanted to leave in January. Not sure if there is any substance to it or not but wondered if anybody could shed any light from ITK fans.

Were you the one making the story go around'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here