Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely agree. CH presumably played AJ as a defensive move against their wingers and wing backs. Or simply he was picked on reputation. As others have said Knockeart has been the best player this year and to drop such a highly strung player in these circumstances is very strange management. It is also a very depressing signal about how we intend to play as the season progresses

It’s only strange to us as we don’t know the reason. Hughton no doubt has his considered reason and disappointingly Knocky hasn’t reacted well, either with his form or his attitude. If there’s any strangeness it’s with Knocky and his attitude.

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
Agreed. He’s off the pace, physique and ability required in this division and I feel it’s almost a bit cruel to play him every week and have 30,000 people sighing, groaning and whingeing at him. He’s getting off lightly because he’s a local boy, but the fact is he’s 24. That’s not young in football terms, particularly in the PL. He should be showing quality on the ball and affecting games by that age if he had what it takes.

The good news is the return of Izquierdo means the left wing spot is now sewn up. That boy is everything March needs to become if he’s going to make it, mainly because even when it’s not his day on the ball he’s still strong, determined and quick enough to be involved and contribute.
I would love to be a fly on the wall when opposition analysts are preparing to play us-- "Solly March?!.... nothing to see here, move on, next player.........."

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
It’s only strange to us as we don’t know the reason. Hughton no doubt has his considered reason and disappointingly Knocky hasn’t reacted well, either with his form or his attitude. If there’s any strangeness it’s with Knocky and his attitude.

"your country, right or wrong" has never appealed as a philosophy to me. Actually though I agree with you the word "strange" is probably inappropriate. Given Hughton's often defensive approach I suspect the decision was predictable. Neither was Knockeart's reaction strange as he no doubt feels unfairly treated and he is a highly strung individual

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It's been obvious to me that March is not up to speed for the Prem, Ali J isn't yet but may do in time..... it's odd that AK is behind them both..... CH must have a plan of course, and it's working a la 3 points, but it feels like Solly is being carried, thus giving the watcher a feeling that we are not much of a threat going forward for long periods of games.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Very odd? We’ve been our best run ever in the prem with knockaert out the side. Being selfish at the end has cost himself a place for Everton game. Hopefully gross can play instead of March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed. He’s off the pace, physique and ability required in this division and I feel it’s almost a bit cruel to play him every week and have 30,000 people sighing, groaning and whingeing at him. He’s getting off lightly because he’s a local boy, but the fact is he’s 24.

Without his flick yesterday we wouldn’t have scored.
The idea that Hughton wouldn’t have shipped him out years ago if he wasn’t the fine all round player he is, or sanction a new contract only months ago is but is only doing so cos he’s a “local boy” is ridiculous.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Neither was Knockeart's reaction strange as he no doubt feels unfairly treated and he is a highly strung individual

Being highly strung doesn’t excuse his behaviour. Hughton stated in the Lineker interview he explains every decision in person to every player. That’s pretty decent. Knochaert can disagree and maybe feel unfairly treated but throwing a strop isn’t the way to respond. His reaction yesterday was woeful and unprofessional. Two attempts to foul the same player first a push and then a chase and a rugby tackle. Selfishness when on the break. And then seemingly leaving the pitch in a rage. If you want to prove the manager wrong, which I hope he does, that carry on really isn’t the way to do it. If a colleague of yours or mine acted like this we’d rightly thing they’re a prick. Knocky should not be any different. And this is pattern, not a one off.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Well three wins on the bounce in the Premier with only 9 players playing and carrying the other 2. Imagine what we'll be like when we put 11 out

And Matty Ryan went straight down the tunnel without clapping - on his way ?

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Being highly strung doesn’t excuse his behaviour. Hughton stated in the Lineker interview he explains every decision in person to every player. That’s pretty decent. Knochaert can disagree and maybe feel unfairly treated but throwing a strop isn’t the way to respond. His reaction yesterday was woeful and unprofessional. Two attempts to foul the same player first a push and then a chase and a rugby tackle. Selfishness when on the break. And then seemingly leaving the pitch in a rage. If you want to prove the manager wrong, which I hope he does, that carry on really isn’t the way to do it. If a colleague of yours or mine acted like this we’d rightly thing they’re a prick. Knocky should not be any different. And this is pattern, not a one off.

A billion percent this. Anthony has done himself no favours with this contribution. Woeful and unprofessional is spot on. Let's hope he can clear the fog and get back to his best as quickly as possible but as your last sentence implies none of us are holding our breath.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Wrong - Matty came back out again, maybe he needed a pee, he then went around all the stands showing his appreciation for the support that he rightly receives.

I know what an early leaver feels like now :blush:

(I did think it strange at the time as he's normally one of the last off)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Knocky must be saying a little prayer that MOTD spared his blushes, showing neither his chance to put the game to bed nor his head-mental rugby tackle :lol:

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well three wins on the bounce in the Premier with only 9 players playing and carrying the other 2. Imagine what we'll be like when we put 11 out

And Matty Ryan went straight down the tunnel without clapping - on his way ?

CH was pretty blunt after the match last night that we’re not playing anywhere near our best. To have picked up 9 in 3 and not conceded, when that’s the case is brilliant.

Maty came back out and went to all 3 stands......

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
CH was pretty blunt after the match last night that we’re not playing anywhere near our best. To have picked up 9 in 3 and not conceded, when that’s the case is brilliant.

Maty came back out and went to all 3 stands......

All three stands? What about the fourth? Barber out

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think I saw what happened yesterday. Hughton was furiously pointing to Knockaert at one stage to get back in position. I saw him jog back with a very stroppy look on his face. May have been after his missed chance but possibly after another break. Knocky wasn't looking happy, but neither was CH.
in fairness the rugby tackle was just an attempt at a professional foul when it was probably needed. I don't blame him for that, just needed to bring the player down but he did slow him down, that's for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here