Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] All or Nothing - Manchester City

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
It is very promo but I thought still quite enjoyable. I’m a massive Pep fan so liked seeing how he worked last season (what we were allowed to see anyway). And Benjamin Mendy is just a genuine delight as a player and person.

I did feel sorry for Aguero when he was talking about his living arrangements though. He sounded so lonely and looked quite sad when discussing it.

Where's he living?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8580893]Where's he living?

In some typical, soulless footballers pad complete with cinema room etc. Obviously it’s all relative and that type of property would be far beyond most of us, but he just seemed really lonely and sad. Except for when he hangs out occassionally with Otamendi, De Gea or his son stays over every few weeks.

I know a lot of people would struggle to feel sympathy for him bearing in mind his salary and available lifestyle but he just came across a lonely man.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
In some typical, soulless footballers pad complete with cinema room etc. Obviously it’s all relative and that type of property would be far beyond most of us, but he just seemed really lonely and sad. Except for when he hangs out occassionally with Otamendi, De Gea or his son stays over every few weeks.

I know a lot of people would struggle to feel sympathy for him bearing in mind his salary and available lifestyle but he just came across a lonely man.
Agreed. A good example of money not being everything.

Having said that, when he's 40 he'll be kicking back with his family, able to do whatever they like for the rest of their lives with zero stress.

So actually it is everything, and I don't feel sorry for him at all. [emoji23]

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Very compelling viewing but I'm not surprised mourinho was critical. It was the Pep show. I'm not sure it would have been so engaging watching mourinho's miserable face and sour press conferences all the way through.

Though I'm sure he is a tactical genius, I was surprised at how elementary the team talks were. Maybe they didn't show us the whole thing, but it seemed to me it was just moving the little tokens round the board, with instructions like 'tuck in'. Compared to American football it seemed very basic.

The message I took most from it is how lucky we are to be owned by a genuine fan. Yes, city have the wealth, but their owner is a distant, foreign, disinterested, privileged prick who didn't seem to care for fans at all (read more about the City Group) and as soon as he's bored of this project he'll more on. I thought the bit where the CEO (who seemed like more of a fan) was having to tell the sheikh "don't worry, we'll win the league next week", was depressing. If I was Yaya Toure, I wouldn't want to be told by someone who's been there 5 minutes "you'll always be part of this family". Yeah, I was, long before you got here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Finished this over the weekend. I enjoyed the first few episodes, as it was interesting seeing the inner sanctum of the dressing room, particularly post-match. But I grew a bit tired of it all tbh. Every is so great, everything is so perfect, everything runs so smoothly, not surprisingly as the League was basically over by Christmas. There's no conflict, there's no problems. Other than the hiccup at Wigan and the Champions League exit to Liverpool, there is absolutely no sense of any tension or strife anywhere, at any point.

So it all got rather dull IMO, as we're presented this glossily manufactured image of their procession to the Title. Lots of meaningful slo-mo's set to dramatic music, when frankly, the drama was fairly minimal. Oh, and I could barely understand a bloody WORD Pep says in the dressing room, or in the team-talks. He only had subtitles occasionally, when they were needed all the bloody time. I have NO idea how all his players can decipher his manic rat-a-tat pigeon english, but I guess they must understand it somehow. More often than not, I was left thinking "huh?".

Personally, I can't wait for the Netflix version about Sunderland last season. That should make for some proper CAR-CRASH viewing, it'll knock this City one into a cocked hat I'm sure. That club is an absolute circus from top to bottom, it'll make for some fun viewing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Finished this over the weekend. I enjoyed the first few episodes, as it was interesting seeing the inner sanctum of the dressing room, particularly post-match. But I grew a bit tired of it all tbh. Every is so great, everything is so perfect, everything runs so smoothly, not surprisingly as the League was basically over by Christmas. There's no conflict, there's no problems. Other than the hiccup at Wigan and the Champions League exit to Liverpool, there is absolutely no sense of any tension or strife anywhere, at any point.

So it all got rather dull IMO, as we're presented this glossily manufactured image of their procession to the Title. Lots of meaningful slo-mo's set to dramatic music, when frankly, the drama was fairly minimal. Oh, and I could barely understand a bloody WORD Pep says in the dressing room, or in the team-talks. He only had subtitles occasionally, when they were needed all the bloody time. I have NO idea how all his players can decipher his manic rat-a-tat pigeon english, but I guess they must understand it somehow. More often than not, I was left thinking "huh?".

Personally, I can't wait for the Netflix version about Sunderland last season. That should make for some proper CAR-CRASH viewing, it'll knock this City one into a cocked hat I'm sure. That club is an absolute circus from top to bottom, it'll make for some fun viewing.

Can't argue with any of that Easy. I got bored with it and can't be arsed to watch any more of the episodes.

Sunderland on the other hand will be proper car crash stuff.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Yep, nail on the head.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Absolutely amazing TV. Best thing I've watched in ages. Makes me like Man City a whole lot more than I did!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

When does the Sunderland one get released ? Got it in my list but no sign of a date.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I agree with many on here, I enjoyed the first few episodes but then it just becomes the same

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone remember the one done about 20 years ago on Orient? The manager made the Ricky Tomlinson character look like Arsene Wenger. Not stop effing and blinding, and pretty much bullying and abusing the players. He was sacked at the end. Turned out he lived in a small terraced house, and had clarly been paid peanuts. It was more depressing than an eye opener.

Edit - here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SN9le_U5SI

And a career update:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sitton

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
When does the Sunderland one get released ? Got it in my list but no sign of a date.

December 14th - Apparently the cameras have stuck around for this season so it seems that they may be doing a couple of seasons. (or just filming a conclusion)

From the guys who did Class of '92 so would expect it to be high quality. Far more excited for this than City's.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
December 14th - Apparently the cameras have stuck around for this season so it seems that they may be doing a couple of seasons. (or just filming a conclusion)

From the guys who did Class of '92 so would expect it to be high quality. Far more excited for this than City's.

Cheers. Looking forward to that.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
I assumed this was pure promo stuff. Sounds like it's worth a watch?

Not really - I didn't get beyond the first episode. No real insight into Pep - he comes over as completely unintelligible and manic. There is no common language within the squad so each must make of it what he want to make of it. Perhaps that is why they all think he is great!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The football table tennis thing - looks wicked. Is that called teqball anyone know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here