Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Lenny Henry Birthday Show

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I also saw the irony of this thread, anyway here is another TSC video actually featuring Lennie as himself:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Some of his funniest work was a series of short sketches on ITV that made out a Premier Inn is somewhere you'd stay out of choice.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
that's a travesty. mcintyre is appallingly unfunny, and a ****, henry just unfunny
This. I'll always remember Lenny as being funny when I was a kid. I'll only remember McIntyre as a stupid, gurning, unfunny, smug shit.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Some of his funniest work was a series of short sketches on ITV that made out a Premier Inn is somewhere you'd stay out of choice.

Had to settle on Premier Inn Albert Docks for Liverpool match. Still over £100 for one night.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Had to settle on Premier Inn Albert Docks for Liverpool match. Still over £100 for one night.

I stayed there last weekend and ate two whole massive fry ups, plus nicked a MASSIVE pile of pastries for the drive back to Brighton.

Edit - Actually I stayed in the Liverpool One Premier Inn, but the principle applies.

And I think that everyone who doesn't like Lenny Henry is racist.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I really enjoyed his show last night.Perhaps some people just don't understand Dudley/Patois :lol:.A great man,and a great comedian/entertainer,but he will probably be remembered most for his charity work.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I stayed there last weekend and ate two whole massive fry ups, plus nicked a MASSIVE pile of pastries for the drive back to Brighton.

Edit - Actually I stayed in the Liverpool One Premier Inn, but the principle applies.

And I think that everyone who doesn't like Lenny Henry is racist.

I like your style. Two questions-both boring. Did you park anywhere nearby and was it cheap? Looks like we will be paying around £20 for 24 hours of parking. Secondly did the pastries include Belgium Buns if not we may swere the breakfast.

Sticking with the theme of the thread. If we don’t sleep well, as is guaranteed, I will be e-mailing Lenny to complain. Weight loss or no weight loss.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
IMHO Lenny Henry is one of our most versatile entertainers. He should turn his hand to comedy sometime.

Might be a little too subtle for you,or a little too Dudley.Did you not understand his Marmite joke last night?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I find Lenny very likeable. He hasn’t made me laugh in over 25 years but there is something strangely comforting and endearing about him.

McIntyre is in comedy for money and remains one of the most unfunny people on the planet. His comedy highpoint was when he was mugged of his Rolex outside a primary school.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I find Lenny very likeable. He hasn’t made me laugh in over 25 years but there is something strangely comforting and endearing about him.

McIntyre is in comedy for money and remains one of the most unfunny people on the planet. His comedy highpoint was when he was mugged of his Rolex outside a primary school.

You're right about Lenny, but I couldn't disagree more about McIntyre who in my opinion remains hilarious.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I like your style. Two questions-both boring. Did you park anywhere nearby and was it cheap? Looks like we will be paying around £20 for 24 hours of parking. Secondly did the pastries include Belgium Buns if not we may swere the breakfast.

Sticking with the theme of the thread. If we don’t sleep well, as is guaranteed, I will be e-mailing Lenny to complain. Weight loss or no weight loss.

Yeah we paid around £16 for about 20 hours at the Q Park. Expensive, but we had kids, buggy plus all their shit so wanted convenience. There was an advertised 'secure parking' place a couple of streets away which was supposed to be cheaper.

The pastries did NOT include Belgian Buns. There were croissants, pain au chocolats, pain au raisins (which were a particular highlight) and loads of tiny muffins. I would make the effort if I were you. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here