Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Still 7 points clear

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree. They have been scoring against the better teams, and apart from man City, they have only mid table teams to play except Swansea. So they could easily pick up another 7 or 8 points. I think it will be very close.
Stoke will struggle to get more than 4 or 5 points from the teams they have to play.
Swansea could have a massive bearing on the outcome, as they have to play Stoke and Southampton. But they also have to play Chelsea and Man City, so they are still in the mix.
Stoke haven't got a cat in hells chance. I can't see them beating anyone from here on in, so they are down.
Palarse could well do us a favour, as they have to play the bottom two, so they should get 6 points from those two games, and the other two are winnable too, so sadly I think the scum are safe!
West Ham have not go an easy run in either, but if they get three points against Stoke, I think they're safe.
Huddersfield have got Man city, Chelsea, and Arsenal still to play, as well as Everton. They have a tough run in too, and we have a game in hand on them.

I think we'll stay up, but it's gonna be so tight. It would not surprise me if we finish in 17th place at this rate. But I will take that all day long. Survival is paramount. Then re-group, buy some more players, and set our sights a little higher next season. I think we are only a few players (and a new defensive coach to add to the staff) away from a comfortable mid table team.

Chris Hughton is a very experienced defensive coach. Who would be better than him, prepared to be just one of the staff?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's 5 points dropped in the last 3 for me. The tide has to turn, we need to push above our weight against Spurs

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A tough, busy run in for any side, let alone one struggling. I would rather be in our position than Saints obviously.

sat.JPG

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh no!!!
I can't stand it anymore. The big unit rumbling forward. The sense of anticipation and then the inevitable groan of disappointment as another Herman Munster type header thunders over the bar.

I agree about the Herman Munster aerial ability but when it comes to Munster-like footwork no-one will ever match Damian Hilton.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think they will beat Bournemouth and draw against Swansea, still not enough to catch us. I can't see them getting anything out of the other fixtures.

Possibly but if they pick up those 4 pts and we don't pick up any, they'll have all to play for against Everton who won't have anything to play for!!!

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
The last four games we have been dreadful but we are properly going to be ok but it will be close.We really need three more points to be shore so we need to up our game and don't let Palace or Huddersfield over take us.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You wont go down but you won’t get another point imo . Next season could be difficult and you just might get found out , your recruitment will have to go up a notch .As for us ,well, weve had a shit season and hopefully we’ll finish strongly and stay up .
It will be good to play you again next season but you’ve got to notch up your home atmosphere as it isn’t a patch on selhurst which was banging yesterday.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You wont go down but you won’t get another point imo . Next season could be difficult and you just might get found out , your recruitment will have to go up a notch .As for us ,well, weve had a shit season and hopefully we’ll finish strongly and stay up .
It will be good to play you again next season but you’ve got to notch up your home atmosphere as it isn’t a patch on selhurst which was banging yesterday.

Yawn...4600 odd posts on an opposition board..embarrassing

Oh and i heard your place was 'banging' at 2/0 but crap for what two thirds of the game...more like the truth

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I suspect it would be a lot quieter if you do go down (which I don't think you will, for the record) and your attendances drop by 10k as they usually do when you're outside the top division. :wink:

Genuine question as well - if you did go down, do you think you'd be able to hang on to Zaha?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The last four games we have been dreadful but we are properly going to be ok but it will be close.We really need three more points to be shore so we need to up our game and don't let Palace or Huddersfield over take us.

We haven’t been good, but I don’t think we’ve been dreadful either. Leicester was in all honesty a match winning performance in which we missed gilt edge chances and paid a painful price. Not great against Huddersfield, but again they consider themselves very fortunate with their point. First half defending yesterday was dreadful, but actually the performance and belief were there and should have got a point. We’ve had 3 games, 1 point, different wind and it could have been 7. It’s not luck, that’s why the PL is so hard and the margins so tight, but wrong to say we’ve been dreadful imho.

D

Deleted member 22389

Possibly but if they pick up those 4 pts and we don't pick up any, they'll have all to play for against Everton who won't have anything to play for!!!

Scary all this

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You wont go down but you won’t get another point imo . Next season could be difficult and you just might get found out , your recruitment will have to go up a notch ..

Slightly ironic, you all remind us how long ago you got promoted courtesy of us, all those years in the PL, Hundreds of millions spent and with 5 games to go you’re still below us. Yes you will probably finish above us but not sure any Palace fan can comment on what ‘we’ should do.

You’re incredibly lucky not to be in West Brom’s position thanks to 1 player

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think we will turn Spuds over,and then everybody will be happy :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suspect it would be a lot quieter if you do go down (which I don't think you will, for the record) and your attendances drop by 10k as they usually do when you're outside the top division. :wink:

Genuine question as well - if you did go down, do you think you'd be able to hang on to Zaha?

Will they be able to keep him irrespective of staying up or going down. I think that it is doubtful

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Will they be able to keep him irrespective of staying up or going down. I think that it is doubtful

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at somewhere like Everton or Leicester - hard to see one of the top clubs taking a punt after he flopped so badly at United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here