Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury ... from the comfort of your sofa

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Christ ! now we have Mark Radcliffe spouting sh1te too... are these people programmed to say this tosh ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why did everyone seemingly continue to watch it if it was so shit?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Got to say I enjoyed that and for nothing more than the spectacle he did put on a show as I expected and stuck 2 fingers up to the people saying this is not right or normal, he did his thing and stuck with it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got to say I enjoyed that and for nothing more than the spectacle he did put on a show as I expected and stuck 2 fingers up to the people saying this is not right or normal, he did his thing and stuck with it

I have yet to see it but having read the press this morning, and seen the numerous posts he's engendered on this forum alone, he seems to have done what we expected and what he probably wanted. I think this review sums it up well:

"If you didn't like West before this, he may well have confirmed all your worst suspicions. If, like me, you are a fan, he was as mad, infuriating, daring, electrifying, ridiculous, original and unwilling to compromise as we perhaps should have expected." The Daily Telegraph's Neil McCormick.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everybody loves watching a car crash. Human nature. You try to look away but the unfolding horror is strangely compelling.

Very true and a salient point. His performance, and especially the reactions on this forum, are all text book Kanye. The reaction (which he wants) is as much part of the show as the show itself. By continuing to watch it we've all unwittingly bought into it. Same as Chris Eubank really.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very true and a salient point. His performance, and especially the reactions on this forum, are all text book Kanye. The reaction (which he wants) is as much part of the show as the show itself. By continuing to watch it we've all unwittingly bought into it. Same as Chris Eubank really.

What did you expect on here, 40-50 year old football fans to suddenly " get down with the kids" ?

I watched about 5 minutes near the end to see what all the fuss was about, and I can't say I was impressed.
Music for teenage boys. Oh sorry did I say music? :facepalm:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I started thinking he would be good. When it started to dawn on me it wasnt up to much I genuinely thought he would pull it out of the bag. Did end up multi tasking towards the end

Multitasking you say, I see he had his workwear on, did he paint the stage roof when he was up on the cherry picker?
He was shouting into a microphone at the same time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I believe Jamie T is on later - which will obviously be the best performance at the whole thing :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I rarely watch Glasttonbury or any other festival on the telly, it's like staring in through the living room window to a party you were not invited to. However, I did catch a bit of Kanye's set at my neighbours house (he was watching it, Glastonbury isn't in his lounge room). An exhausting hullaballoo of white light and shouting. Quite a poor show by anyone's standards. Mind you, this is a festival that openly condones unicyclists and jugglers so this is the least of anyone's problems.
Glastonbury has been pretty shit since Eaves's daughter took over. She strikes me as the same sort of **** as Stella McCartney.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
The Gaslight Killer was a hard listen. Sounded like a box of musical instruments falling down the stairs

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Gaslight Killer was a hard listen. Sounded like a box of musical instruments falling down the stairs

It's The GasLAMP Killer Grandad :lolol:

Although that's a funny description.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here