Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possibly the strangest phone call I have ever received

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Damn! I missed the call earlier because I was on Skype with someone, saw the 0844 bit, so rejected the call. Only now do I realise what it was all about.

If anyone from the club is reading this, could they ask him to call back? :kiss::love:

Thanks,

GB

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is a bit worrying. My wife now has the mobile that the club has got the number of.

If Calde tells her I've been missing games when I have been going anyway she's going to think I'm up to something, we'll probably have a row and she'll assume I'm having an affair, she won't believe me, we'll get divorced, sell the family home, saw the dog in half and sell the kids.

Yeah, thanks for that BHA.

Barber OUT.

It doesn't matter what he says, your wife will hear:

"Mrs Hillian1 - it is I, Calde. I want to make sweet beautiful love with you...."

It's game over for you fella.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Just got the call before i read this thread, but got to say could not hear anything then after 10 secs call went dead :facepalm:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
To be frank, calde just got me to sign up for insurance, double glazing, ppi claims and a will. He could get me to do ANYTHING

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If they really want to scare people into renewing, wouldn't it be better to have Gordon Greer do it? I'd be terrified

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Missed his call - he left me a message. We're going to be much much better next year he tells me. Does that mean he's signed a contract?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I have just received the same message. I thought it was Rafa Benitez speaking.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm going to assume that if this is happening for renewal/games missed then taking up a ST for next year might also get a call from the living legend that is Calde. If this were to come to fruition I don't think I could resist, Junior GFH can eat rocks or something, he'll understand when he gets older.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i had dozed off in my chair and the call had me slightly confused

felt like a bit of a plank after especially as i tried to engage him in conversation :shootself

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Wish I had read this earlier. I had a missed call from them.

So........ I called back and spent 9 minutes on hold(impressed with that) and finally got through to some bloke who said it was just a marketing call from one of the players regarding season ticket renewal.

A call for me! From one of the players! Decided to test the water and ask if he could put the player back on.

He then stuttered through a response that it was voice recorded whilst not so sure if I was the idiot of my village or pulling his plonker.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He called me and I said I would renew if he was given another contract.

"Can you hold on ? I'll have to speak to my manager about that..."

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It doesn't matter what he says, your wife will hear:

"Mrs Hillian1 - it is I, Calde. I want to make sweet beautiful love with you...."

It's game over for you fella.

Then again, any sort of right-thinking man would happily stand aside and offer his beloved to Calderon in the first place. If you'd actually wait for the Great Man to ask, that makes you a Bad Fan, surely.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Then again, any sort of right-thinking man would happily stand aside and offer his beloved to Calderon in the first place. If you'd actually wait for the Great Man to ask, that makes you a Bad Fan, surely.
You'd be waiting a long time, for I can't imagine one as great as he ever suggesting anything of the sort. He may be humbled by the offer but he'd never demand.

'He will turn down what it is offered, but he will never take that which is not. To follow the path of the Calde is to be humble, generous and kind' - Extract from the Book of Calde

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here