[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Who's that man from Argentina?
Who's that man we all adore?
Leonardo is his name
And he scores a goal a game
And we cant remember what we sang before.

Nice that him and Schelotto are hitting it off, i wonder if Schelotto will ask for his shirt on Wednesday to add to all the other Argentinians hes been collecting.

Tbh im in the meh camp about Leo coming back, im glad he's back, love the guy, but not sure he is what we needed, Murray can do the same job but has been lacking the service. We needed someone with pace that was capable of getting on the end of a long ball or a through ball.

But hey ho, he's here now and i wish him all the best, hopefully by the end of the season all us in the meh camp will be saying we have to get him signed up permanently.

He's an upgrade on Hemed, that's for sure, not meaning to be disrespectful to Tomer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tbh im in the meh camp about Leo coming back, im glad he's back, love the guy, but not sure he is what we needed, Murray can do the same job but has been lacking the service. We needed someone with pace that was capable of getting on the end of a long ball or a through ball.
We have brought that guy in too.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
We have brought that guy in too.

I hope so, really hope Locadia lives up to expectation, but.... And im being pessimistic here, is he going to even be used up front? Or are we going to ask him to play out wide and then leave him on the bench because he doesn't defend enough?

As i said im being pessimistic but its not like Hughton hasn't got previous.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Two Argentinian players and a Colombian. Pretty flair that

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Haha. Sorry! It was almost correct. Just missing an accent on the o of Ciclón and the mas is unnecessary :)

Not sure he'd notice the accent in song!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Who's that man from Argentina?
Who's that man we all adore?
Leonardo is his name
And he scores a goal a game
And we cant remember what we sang before.

Nice that him and Schelotto are hitting it off, i wonder if Schelotto will ask for his shirt on Wednesday to add to all the other Argentinians hes been collecting.

But hey ho, he's here now and i wish him all the best, hopefully by the end of the season all us in the meh camp will be saying we have to get him signed up permanently.

He's an upgrade on Hemed, that's for sure, not meaning to be disrespectful to Tomer.

I'm glad you added those last few words. Whatever Tomer's shortcomings may be, (and he isn't Premier League class), he has always worked had, given of his best, and in the Championship scored a fair few goals. If and when he goes, l will remember him fondly. He has more than done his bit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Confirmed squad number is 16

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Just lobbing this version into the Leo jukebox.

Who's that man from Argentina
Who's that man we all adore
Leonardo is his name
And he's back at home again
And we know for Brighton he will always score

If it aint broke don't fix it

And we dont need Murray any more !!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Not sure they are the same tbh. Yes, neither is blessed with pace, both good in the air, but that doesn't make two players the same. Leo always offered a bit more in the build up for me, good with his back to the defender, more capable of seeing a pass than Murray. We are talking very fine margins in the games we have drawn, especially at home, a touch here, a pass there the difference between 1 point or 3 points, and perhaps the marginal difference between the two players will make a difference.

We failed to bring a striker in the summer, and we've managed to bring two in. One we know, knows us, knows the Premier League, everything to prove, another raw, new, talented, but a big risk. This is a good bit of business. You might be a bit meh, but I'm looking at it thinking we don't have the resources or time to be picky. We've done 2 great bits of business, got it done, and at least one of them can feature in the next game. Lets at least try to be positive!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'm glad you added those last few words. Whatever Tomer's shortcomings may be, (and he isn't Premier League class), he has always worked had, given of his best, and in the Championship scored a fair few goals. If and when he goes, l will remember him fondly. He has more than done his bit.

Totally agree, in fact if Ulloa had Hemed's work ethic i wouldn't be in the meh camp about Leo's return, however if Tomer had Ulloa's finishing i reckon we wouldn't be needing a striker.

I will always appreciate Tomer's part in our progress the last few years, last season especially when he was mostly on the bench, without having a strop i might add, yet still got into double figures.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope so, really hope Locadia lives up to expectation, but.... And im being pessimistic here, is he going to even be used up front?
Yes he is. I've no idea how well he'll do, but we need some pace up front and he is at least the plan for that.

As i said im being pessimistic but its not like Hughton hasn't got previous.
Which other striker have we put out wide and asked to defend?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Not sure they are the same tbh. Yes, neither is blessed with pace, both good in the air, but that doesn't make two players the same. Leo always offered a bit more in the build up for me, good with his back to the defender, more capable of seeing a pass than Murray. We are talking very fine margins in the games we have drawn, especially at home, a touch here, a pass there the difference between 1 point or 3 points, and perhaps the marginal difference between the two players will make a difference.

We failed to bring a striker in the summer, and we've managed to bring two in. One we know, knows us, knows the Premier League, everything to prove, another raw, new, talented, but a big risk. This is a good bit of business. You might be a bit meh, but I'm looking at it thinking we don't have the resources or time to be picky. We've done 2 great bits of business, got it done, and at least one of them can feature in the next game. Lets at least try to be positive!

You could very well be right, maybe he will make all the difference, as i said im glad hes back, he was great for us before.

Hopefully as Triggaaar posted Locadia will be the guy we need with pace, could be excellent alongside Leo if we do go two up top.

Ok.... Positive..... We have a hell of a lot more options up front than we had when the last window closed :thumbsup:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Totally agree, in fact if Ulloa had Hemed's work ethic i wouldn't be in the meh camp about Leo's return, however if Tomer had Ulloa's finishing i reckon we wouldn't be needing a striker.

I will always appreciate Tomer's part in our progress the last few years, last season especially when he was mostly on the bench, without having a strop i might add, yet still got into double figures.

Crikey... are you unhappy with Leo's work rate ?..... I always thought he busted his nuts for the side.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Yes he is. I've no idea how well he'll do, but we need some pace up front and he is at least the plan for that.

Which other striker have we put out wide and asked to defend?

We haven't, but thats not what i said, i said if we use him out wide, which is a role he has played many times in his career.

All of our wingers are expected to defend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here