Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Leicester don’t tvink he’s anywhere near good enough for the Prem. I’m afraid to say they were right about AK, they are right about Leo. Loved him in the Championship but we need better.

Leo played a bit part in the seasom Leicester won the Premier League so he can't be that bad.

We only need him to play a bit part for the rest of this season with us, sharing gametime during each match with Murray (or Hemed)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Have to say im really underwhelmed with this - barely an upgrade on Murray and again another player with ZERO pace

As much I loved him during his time with us, I’m inclined to ageee. If we’re going for another target man, I’d rather Mitrovic tbh. I know Rafa is playing hardball but still... Don’t get me wrong, if Leo comes ‘home’ I’d be happy but not sure what he gives us that we don’t already have :shrug:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As much I loved him during his time with us, I’m inclined to ageee. If we’re going for another target man, I’d rather Mitrovic tbh. I know Rafa is playing hardball but still... Don’t get me wrong, if Leo comes ‘home’ I’d happy but not sure what he gives us that we don’t already have :shrug:

To quote Meatloaf, you took the words right out of my mouth

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Have to say im really underwhelmed with this - barely an upgrade on Murray and again another player with ZERO pace

Or, to look at it positively, a Premier League-winning goalscorer, in his prime years, who knows the club, the city and the league, who will fire up the fans and only costs £1 million.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Did you miss the £15 million signing?

Hemed is presumably off, Ulloa will replace him (and be a decent upgrade).

Exactly. Are people nuts or something? No one is saying Ulloa is going to be the main man, but as a loan to the end of the season signing, he is most certainly an upgrade to Hemed, and gives us an option. If Murray or Locadia have struggled in a game, with 15mins to go, I feel a lot better with Ulloa coming on than Hemed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As much I loved him during his time with us, I’m inclined to ageee. If we’re going for another target man, I’d rather Mitrovic tbh. I know Rafa is playing hardball but still... Don’t get me wrong, if Leo comes ‘home’ I’d happy but not sure what he gives us that we don’t already have :shrug:

Greater strength in the squad and more options pressing the shirt holders for their spot

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
As much I loved him during his time with us, I’m inclined to ageee. If we’re going for another target man, I’d rather Mitrovic tbh. I know Rafa is playing hardball but still... Don’t get me wrong, if Leo comes ‘home’ I’d be happy but not sure what he gives us that we don’t already have :shrug:

He's younger than Murray & much, much better than Tomer

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
He's younger than Murray & much, much better than Tomer

I take your point re Hemed but he’s only a few years younger than Murray. At 31, he’s no spring chicken. Again I reiterate, I’d be happy to see him back in the shirt, but I’d rather Mitrovic (if that were possible).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do he still have his restaurant?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Anyone that doesn’t see Leo as a massive upgrade on Hemed is clueless IMO.

Locadia needs to play off a target man. Murray and Ulloa will now share this workload. Great addition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here