Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Category A Pricing. Is it too much?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Does the price for our away end fluctuate depending on the category of game?

Always thought that was hugely unfair when done at other clubs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does the price for our away end fluctuate depending on the category of game?

Always thought that was hugely unfair when done at other clubs.

I believe so, yes, as part of the "charge away fans the same as home fans for comparable seats" thing.

scooter1

How soon is now?
We have family over from the US(originally Brightonians) who have never been to the Amex before. We've booked four tickets for them for this game and it's worked out at just under £160 with fees. I'm not really sure what my point is, but that is too expensive for a second tier game and I'm grateful for my season ticket payment spread over a year

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The big difference for the club between season ticket prices and one-off prices is that the staffing costs are that much higher. You buy a season ticket and that's over and done with in one transaction. You buy a ticket for each home game, and that's 23 transactions for the club.
Especially given how tight the situation is with regards to the play-offs, perhaps the club should have done more to market and sell a package for the remaining home games.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I believe so, yes, as part of the "charge away fans the same as home fans for comparable seats" thing.

Seems hugely unfair that someone who supports, say Leeds, could have to pay substantially more over the course of a season following their team away than someone sitting in the same seats at away grounds but who happens to support someone like Yeovil.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I can't afford two games in a week at this time of the year at £42 a go. This game is the more important, but if we win this I will go to QPR.

I'll get a season ticket if I can spread out payments over a year. And a decent seat becomes available.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I received a text at 9am this morning saying about tickets still being available for todays game! Mustn't bee selling very well.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If clubs insist on categorising matches I believe there should be a section of the ground - if only a block or two - where the prices are static.

Don't like the idea of sone fans being priced out of the best games.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It shows the level of support in the right circumstances for QPR fans.

Yes, it's clear not as many will make the trip, but how many more could they have shifted for Charlton, 3500, 4000 ?

It's a small percentage coming to us.

On the other side, we sold less than 3000 (I know there were train issues before you counter again!) but we still sold out our 2000 allocation for QPR well in advance and could have sold many more - was an evening also.

I'm coming away from my point. Yes an evening game and proximity to home will of course had a bearing. But I think the price will have too

You're quite right of course. With travel costs a Reading fan today will be splashing out anything between £60 and £100 for the pleasure of visiting the Amex.
But of 28k attending the game today only 4000 will even be potentially aware of the match ticket cost.
All of football is too expensive but Im not convinced that even if we were among the cheapest (instead of the most expensive!) It would make a massive difference - mainlybbecause of clever marketing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought about not renewing last year but gave it a go but although i love my seat and watching the game in comfort i don't enjoy the pre ht and post match part of the day.i miss the stroll to the stadium:blush:

That does seem to be the main issue now, getting to and from the Amex and how everything has changed since Withdean. PersonallyI think it is all part of the match build up etc and love it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thought about not renewing last year but gave it a go but although i love my seat and watching the game in comfort i don't enjoy the pre ht and post match part of the day.i miss the stroll to the stadium:blush:

I thought you were at home by the time its post match :whistle:

On a serious note..i wouldn't be sitting in my current place if the season ticket was the equivalent of match day prices....but i would start to look for cheaper parts of the ground

Last edited:

that does seem to be the main issue now, getting to and from the amex and how everything has changed since withdean. Personallyi think it is all part of the match build up etc and love it.

Things like fan zone really p me off! The crowd start to get going and get drowned out by screaming big screen footage and the 80's throwback on the mike???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Personally, £15 -£20 would feel about right for a league game in the second tier of English football. Anything above that, and I'm out. I could afford to go, but for me it just doesn't seem worth it, especially when travel costs are factored in too.

Spot on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here