Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Very deluded comments. Even the secretary of state for leaving the European Union can make them - https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news...-trading-area-10-times-the-size-of-the-earth/

the istanbul peninsula has been the bridge to europe since people started wiping their arses with paper.....the istanbul peninsula will continue to be so until the bridges are collapsed , which might not be long the way things are going ...you can be as liberal and whiffy as you like but if it looks , smells , sounds , walks and talks like a turd.....the fact is , it's obviously a turd.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
the istanbul peninsula has been the bridge to europe since people started wiping their arses with paper.....the istanbul peninsula will continue to be so until the bridges are collapsed , which might not be long the way things are going ...you can be as liberal and whiffy as you like but if it looks , smells , sounds , walks and talks like a turd.....the fact is , it's obviously a turd.

Interesting post but I can't see how it relates to the post you were responding to.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What was wrong with that comment? How many people who didn't vote Tory voted UKIP? I don't think they were anti-Tory given they got their second best result.

in light of recent weeks i think there is a very tenuous grasp on the concept of politics in mainstream england........don't worry though because the indians and pakistanis are all over it..:thumbsup:

apathy sux

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
IMF has slashed its growth forecast for the UK for next year by 0.9% due to the EU result, and says it could darken further if process to leave is more painful than expected. - Sky News report

I now wait the deluge of stop being negative, its only a temporary blip, its worth it anyway - The facts speak for themselves

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
IMF has slashed its growth forecast for the UK for next year by 0.9% due to the EU result, and says it could darken further if process to leave is more painful than expected. - Sky News report

I now wait the deluge of stop being negative, its only a temporary blip, its worth it anyway - The facts speak for themselves

if you're putting all your eggs in the IMF basket then good luck to you. They've been wrong so many times it's not even a joke.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
THE referendum thread (others will be merged with this)

Scotland could leave the UK only as the result of a referendum and the timing of any referendum is essentially in the gift of Westminster. For this reason alone, I think you are right - unless Sturgeon can think of a way to make May agree to a second Scottish referendum (and the SNP win it) before the conclusion of the exit process then Scotland will have to leave with the rest of the UK. I can't think of such a way myself. Your use of the word 'laughable' was as unnecessary as it was predictable though. On your second point, I am not so sure. The EU might want to bend over backwards to support a Scottish accession and such an accession might not be the disaster you predict. Super civilised Edinburgh might attract financial institutions from the City of London and the rest of Scotland could be of interest to the 70-odd per cent of FDI companies in the UK that cite our membership of the EU as being an important reason for them being here.

The laughable comment was not meant as a slur on Scotland more sturgeon who keeps peddling this ridiculous notion that a partial Brexit is possible we can all see what she is trying to force an agenda that independence is the only answer for Scotland to get their wish to remain.

In regards to a deal for Scotland I am struggling to see the EU bending over backwards for anyone. They are already going to have to push back on the UK trade terms to fend off other member states from considering an exit. If they treated Scotland favourably imagine the uproar from other member states. Whilst some organisations may choose to relocate operations (although let's not underestimate the financial pull of London) I would expect Edinburgh to be on equal footing with Dublin or indeed other European cities.

Overall we are taking a huge step into the dark leaving the EU if Scotland leave the UK and pursue direct EU membership that is a almighty leap into a black hole and who knows what that looks like on the other side.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

Leavers don't believe in economics as a general rule, sadly.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Thankfully we have you to put us on the right track because we did not realise that the price of leaving the EU superstate and it's rules and regs and cost would mean a bit of hardship at first.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

Keep telling yourself that. I personally prefer not to pigeonhole people who disagree with me, is divisive and false and ultimately only serves one purpose-to make you feel more secure in your own opinions.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Keep telling yourself that. I personally prefer not to pigeonhole people who disagree with me, is divisive and false and ultimately only serves one purpose-to make you feel more secure in your own opinions.

The denigration of the entire economics profession, which put its predictive power and usefulness on a par with circus fortune tellers, was a staple of the Leave campaign. They simply didn't care what the OECD, IMF, Treasury, LSE and the BoE had to say. It's just guess work yeah?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here